PDA

View Full Version : Need BBB mojo

Nooknookmom
08-29-2011, 03:30 AM
i haven' asked for mojo in 12 yrs, but i need some.

My Rheumatologist ran some labs on Thursday, looking for the usual auto-immune stuff, I get a call Friday from both the rheumy office and my gp office both sounding kinda urgent. I call back the gp & my his nurse says that I need to fast b4 my labs on Monday and do a follow up with him asap. I'm baffled, what?? So she proceeds to tell me that one of my tests came back strongly suggesting...

Diabetes. WTH?

I can't, won't, theres NO WAY can I have that. I refuse to.

I follow a very healthy diet, but I'm Southern/Chicagoan and on the weekends I may eat Italian beefs, Pizza, Chicken & Dumplings...I LOVE food. Just the thought of having all the baggage of what comes with that disease makes me dizzy.

I'm so hoping it was a fluke. Please let it be a fluke, I have way too many other physical ailments to add that to the list.

So, if you guys can muster up some Mojo for me I'd appreciate it! Oh and thanks for the ear, I feel a tad better.

MoJo
08-29-2011, 06:28 AM
MoJo here for you!

happymomma
08-29-2011, 07:19 AM
Sending you positive Mojo!!! Hopefully it was just a fluke or something. Maybe it was a test that needed fasting so was off. I accidentally didn't fast one time fo rmy bloodwork one year and had eggs in the morning. My cholestrol came back really high. oops...turns out it was because I had eaten and shouldn't have. Good luck!!!

SnuggleBuggles
08-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Good luck!!!!

Beth

ThreeofUs
08-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Mojo for you! May it be a fluke.

But, honestly, diabetes isn't so horrible - you can still eat!