PDA

View Full Version : Do you spray your child's face with bug spray?

Toba
08-29-2011, 10:05 AM
DS (7) is out in our backyard with my nephew, who is getting paid to tend to our mortifyingly overgrown yard. DS is helping him (by choice) and I *have* to spray him with bug spray. It is SO muggy outside, I think all the mosquitoes are having a barbecue in my backyard. He was outside with DH last week in the evening and got bit twice on his face. Spray or no spray?

crl
08-29-2011, 10:08 AM
I spray the back of the neck and hats (if they wear them) but not the face. My kids would rub it into their eyes, I just know they would.

Catherine

waitingforgrace
08-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Not on the front of the face. If it's really bad I might spray some on my fingers and then put some on the front of DD's neck and cheeks.

Green_Tea
08-29-2011, 10:21 AM
I spray my palms and then pat their faces/foreheads.

MommyAllison
08-29-2011, 11:07 AM
No spray. I have a mosquito repellent stick that I use on their faces, or I just spray the top/back of their hair and call it good.

soon2b4
08-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Not on the front of the face. If it's really bad I might spray some on my fingers and then put some on the front of DD's neck and cheeks.

:yeahthat:

chozen
08-29-2011, 11:11 AM

momof2girls
08-29-2011, 12:35 PM
No. Luckily they have never been bit in the face yet. There just seems like there are too many places where the bug spray could get into their bodies if put on their face.

gatorsmom
08-29-2011, 12:45 PM

:yeahthat: If they have short hair or their hair is parted and scalp is showing, I'll put some in their hair or on their scalp too. We live near water and the mosquitoes can get REALLY bad.

mikala
08-29-2011, 02:15 PM
I either use the Badger stick or spray my hand and rub it on the neck/behind ears. That seems to be enough to keep the bugs away from the head in general.

I do this because I'm nervous about getting in it eyes or inhaling the spray.

MomToOne
08-29-2011, 08:32 PM
I kind of spray a halo around the top of her head while she closes her eyes. I figure that's enough to keep the bugs away.

bubbaray
08-29-2011, 10:05 PM

I used to not spray their faces. However, this last RV trip to central WA, DD#1 and I got eaten alive. And, apparently, DD#1 is severely allergic to mosquito bites.

DrSally
08-29-2011, 10:23 PM

:yeahthat: I wouldn't want them inhaling the spray, or getting it into their eyes/mucous membranes. I might spray some on my hands and rub into their cheeks/neck. I never spray sunscreen on the face either (use liquid on face and rub in).