PDA

View Full Version : how much do you think boden corduroy pants will shrink?

chozen
08-29-2011, 11:40 AM
i just bought 2 pr. of corduroys pants for our dd in sz. 5 they are the perfect lenght right now but now im wondering if they will make it the whole winter season? how much do they usually shrink? any idea.

Canna
08-29-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't think they will shrink much - if you are concerned about it, I would recommend putting the pants in the dryer just for a few minutes (I hang other laundry to dry during this time), then when they're warm but still wet, take them out and hang them to dry.

If they're the perfect size now, you might want to size up because your DC will likely grow a reasonable amount between now and, say, May, which is how long I would want my DD to be able to wear corduroy pants to school ideally. I find the size difference between Boden pants sizes tends to be not huge. Last year and this year I have ordered two sizes and ended up keeping the larger of the two sizes.

chozen
08-29-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't think they will shrink much - if you are concerned about it, I would recommend putting the pants in the dryer just for a few minutes (I hang other laundry to dry during this time), then when they're warm but still wet, take them out and hang them to dry.

If they're the perfect size now, you might want to size up because your DC will likely grow a reasonable amount between now and, say, May, which is how long I would want my DD to be able to wear corduroy pants to school ideally. I find the size difference between Boden pants sizes tends to be not huge. Last year and this year I have ordered two sizes and ended up keeping the larger of the two sizes.

i looked it up on there web site, the sz. 5 are 25" long and the sz. 6 is 26.8" isn't that almost 2"? seems like a big difference for just one sz. up.

Canna
08-29-2011, 02:34 PM
i looked it up on there web site, the sz. 5 are 25" long and the sz. 6 is 26.8" isn't that almost 2"? seems like a big difference for just one sz. up.

Keep in mind that's the difference in length for the entire pair of pants (inseam and the rise) not just the leg length. I don't know, looking at 1.8 inches on a ruler it doesn't look like that much to me.

I CAN tell you that I have a pair of Boden heart pocket cords (from a previous year) that I bought recently at Once Upon a Child (!!!) in a size 5 - so, washed and dried many times probably. They are about 23.5-23.75 inches long top to bottom (the two sides actually measure differently!) and inseam is about 16.75".

With Boden's awesome return policy (free returns generally) it's very easy to try more than one size if you're not sure which will be the best.

boltfam
08-29-2011, 02:55 PM
With Boden's awesome return policy (free returns generally) it's very easy to try more than one size if you're not sure which will be the best.

:yeahthat:I would try the next size up. I always try to get as much wear out of Boden as possible.

chozen
08-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Keep in mind that's the difference in length for the entire pair of pants (inseam and the rise) not just the leg length. I don't know, looking at 1.8 inches on a ruler it doesn't look like that much to me.

I CAN tell you that I have a pair of Boden heart pocket cords (from a previous year) that I bought recently at Once Upon a Child (!!!) in a size 5 - so, washed and dried many times probably. They are about 23.5-23.75 inches long top to bottom (the two sides actually measure differently!) and inseam is about 16.75".

thats so funny, the two sides on the cords we have measure different as well.

chozen
08-29-2011, 03:19 PM
:yeahthat:I would try the next size up. I always try to get as much wear out of Boden as possible.

i am going to go ahead and re-order a sz. up, thanks.