PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q:movies for 2yr old similar to over the hedge?-update in op

blue
08-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks for all the movie suggestions for DS! I checked out several from the library. Toy story was a hit. Cars, he wanted to stop halfway through. He was not scared of the Cars movie, just wanted to watch something else (since it didn't bother him, I consider it a success). He is feeling a lot better today and eating and playing again, so I am started to wean him off the TV. I will save all your suggestions for future illness (winters around the corner). Thanks again
------------------------------------------
Hi, DS is sick (stomach bug). What movies are similar to "over the hedge" and "nemo" that a two year old may like? Just to give you an idea "the little mermaid" was a flop/had to be stopped early because the storm/ dramatic music in the beginning plus father mermaid getting mad scared him...Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
08-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Movies my 2yo liked:
Shrek (all of them)
Madagascar
Cars
Toy Story

eta- I find Disney movies to be on the scary side but Dreamworks and Pixar a bit less.
Hope he feels better!
Beth

Jo..
08-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Ice Age
Madagascar
Happy Feet
Open Season

BabbyO
08-29-2011, 03:58 PM
ITA with the pixar vs disney comment.

My 2 yo DS loves most of the mentioned plus:

Kung Fu Panda
Tangled (LOVES this one)
Toy Story (all 3)
Monsters Inc
Up
Ratatouille

Jo..
08-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Forgot to mention Flushed Away. One of my kids' favorite movies.

However, don't show it to your DS if he isn't potty trained. DS saw it for the first time before potty training and was terrified of the toilet for months (he was worried he'd fall and get flushed into the sewer). :rotflmao:

elbenn
08-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Curious George

rlu
08-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Curious George

also, maybe Jungle Book. Not sure if the Sher Khan scene will be too scary though. This was DS's favorite movie for a very long time.

He was (and is) also partial to 101 Dalmations but I'm not so thrilled with the way the bad guys keep hitting each other (think Tom and Jerry type of violence).

oh - Princess and The Frog? We are totally loving the music. oh wait, the Shadow Man is scary and the music for him intense.

zag95
08-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Bugs Life
Open Season
Madagascar (1 and 2)
Monsters Inc
The Incredibles
Ohhh and DD loves any of the Busytown Mystery series......

scrooks
08-29-2011, 07:09 PM
Cars for sure!

blue
08-31-2011, 11:11 PM
update in OP