PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please on a CS issue

mom2one
08-29-2011, 04:30 PM
I need some advice. I order 250 custom stickers in a 3 inch round circle for my DS school. These were ordered for use in the school store.

The order arrived and I have a few problems with the order. I got a 2 inch round circle, instead of what I ordered. They also come on a huge 5 foot long sheet that I now get to somehow figure out how to cut apart.

I called CS this morning, and told them that they messed up. I can not use them for the original purpose, but I could still sell them and I am sure the kids would like them. She is offering me 15% off my order. I asked her also to reimburse my shipping charges, she said no. I am waiting for a supervisor to call and would love to know what is reasonable to really ask for.

Here are my points-
1. got the wrong size
2. checked the website, and the 2 inch circle is not even an option for what I ordered
3. CS stated earlier that I could not return the item, because it is a custom order, but they messed it up, not me
4. no where on the website does it state that these would arrive in a giant sheet, not cut apart.

I feel like half off is fair. Let me know what you think I should ask for.

Susan

YouAreTheFocus
08-29-2011, 05:09 PM
I agree--I don't think 15% off is fair at all. The item was advertised as being 3" and the one you received is only 2". I think this is the most important point.

I would want them to send me what I ordered. So either pay the return shipping for you or tell you to keep it and they'll send the correct item right out.

kristenk
08-29-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm wondering if there's already a price difference for the 2" vs. the 3" sticker. Forget about the messing up on the order part of the whole thing, they might have overcharged you for the product they sent you.

I'm not sure about the sheet vs. individual stickers. Did it state anywhere that they'd be individual stickers?

mom2one
08-29-2011, 05:16 PM
It does not state on the website that they are individual, it does not state that it comes in a giant roll and you have to cut them apart.

I think most people would assume you would get individual ones though. I did.

Pear
08-29-2011, 05:59 PM
The giant sheet is a bit annoying, but I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it.

I would expect them to send you a corrected order and if they want the 2" stickers back they should pay return shipping.

ahisma
08-29-2011, 06:09 PM
The giant sheet is a bit annoying, but I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it.

I would expect them to send you a corrected order and if they want the 2" stickers back they should pay return shipping.

Ditto. I'd assume cut up, but if they don't state it that it's individual or on a roll there's not much that you can do about it.

If you agreed to buy 3" stickers and got 2" stickers, they need to send you 3" stickers. You didn't agree to pay for 2" stickers.

khm
08-29-2011, 06:46 PM
I think they should either reimburse the difference between 2 and 3" stickers AND give you something additional off for screwing up.

If you'd like 3", they need to just send them. (And, pay to return the 2" ones if they do want those back.)

I don't think they'll budge on your assumption that they weren't individually cut. Should they have specified this? Maybe, but if it were critical that they were individually cut they'll say you should have checked. I get that you didn't even think about it one way or the other, but the way printing works, I personally would assume they'd come in rolls (like GIANT rolls) or in a multiple-stickers-per-sheet form.

s7714
08-29-2011, 09:17 PM
I agree--I don't think 15% off is fair at all. The item was advertised as being 3" and the one you received is only 2". I think this is the most important point.

I would want them to send me what I ordered. So either pay the return shipping for you or tell you to keep it and they'll send the correct item right out.

:yeahthat: