PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for tall kid with low tone

florak8
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
My son will be two soon and we currently have a Chicco Capri stroller for doctor's appts and therapies, etc. It is nice and compact when folded, but I would like to get something that is more comfortable, has a more supportive back, and has real degrees of recline, as opposed to the webbing you tighten. The Chicco also tips when I lift out DS because of my bags on the handle, and it does not drive very smoothly.

We already have a fixed wheel jogger, so I don't need it for exercise. We just need something comfortable and supportive that we can have for the long run, as he will probably always tire easily, once he does start walking.

Do you have any ideas or recommendations? Thanks!

swissair81
08-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Maybe try a Maclaren XT or XLR.

MamaKath
09-06-2011, 05:18 PM
A lot of kids are more comfortable in a sling style stroller as they get older. If you didn't need an recline, I would look at the Mac Volo or Starck. However since you are mentioning more support, I would instead look at a fuller feature stroller that would fold compactly. Maclaren Techno or Techno XLR are good choices, along with the Peg Perego Pliko/ P3. We always found the Peg was great because when my low tone kid got older and would walk but wear out, he could hop on the foot pegs on the back while we threw all our baggage in the front. Fantastic for amusement parks and the like. A more compact swivel wheel allterrain like the MB Swift might even be an option.