PDA

View Full Version : Update in OP. Help me figure out my next step

DietCokeLover
08-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Well, I emailed again and have still heard nothing back. I guess this was not meant to be.

-------------------------------------------------

I really am at a loss with the town I live in. I can't quite figure out how to get an "in". I recently saw a flyer at my dc's private school from a lady wanting to start a prayer group for once a week get together for school aged moms. I emailed her last week saying basically that I saw the flyer and would like to be a part of the group, but my dc are preschool age and didn't know if that would be ok. I haven't heard back and it is supposed to start next week.

DH says email again, which normally would be a no brainer for me, but I have been burned by the people here too many times (seriously can't stand this town. I've never experienced anything like this before).

So, would you email again, and if so, help me compose the email. Thanks!

ashleybama24
08-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Email again or see if you can call. I bet the email went to her spam folder and with school just starting I'm sure life has been hectic that she might not have remembered to check that folder.

sste
08-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Dietcokelover, from here on out you need to put aside any worries about social norms or stalker-ish behavior. I have moved alot. When I wanted/needed to make friends I was incredibly aggressive. If someone doesn't know you or just met you very casually fails to respond it is because they are busy, disorganized or a little shy themselves. Def. email again or call or just drop by.

You need to take a kind of desperate single person dating approach to making friends. Throw as many darts at that board as you can. Call, pursue, join at at least three times as much as you would ideally like . . .the idea is not all the darts will stick but enough will.

We are behind you!

SnuggleBuggles
08-30-2011, 03:00 PM
I'd just show up. :)

Beth

crl
08-30-2011, 03:04 PM
I'd just show up. :)

Beth

:yeahthat: They are school aged, PRE school age. I'd just show up. If that isn't comfortable for you, then I'd call.

And I agree to throw as many darts as you can!

Catherine

DietCokeLover
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks ladies, unfortunately, her flyer does not list the location of the prayer group. It is going to be at her home and she indicated that she would send directions to the location to those who expressed an interest.

I guess I just don't know how to word a follow up email... Just checking to see if you received my previous email.... Thought I'd send this again in case you didn't receive the first one.... hadn't heard from you.... etc.

Mommy_Again
08-30-2011, 03:37 PM
What about the old "I've been having problems with my internet and wanted to make sure I didn't miss info on the first meeting. I'm baking some banana bread/blueberry muffins/pot brownies with the kids soon and would love to bring them."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DietCokeLover
09-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Updated

WatchingThemGrow
09-01-2011, 01:23 PM
I wonder if she thinks your DC may be with you during the time of the group...? Can you ask someone in the office if they know anything about the group starting?