PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Cast...

TwinFoxes
08-30-2011, 01:46 PM
I don't watch, but I like reading threads about it. :) Here's the new cast:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/08/29/dancing-with-the-stars-2011-2/

My big "huh?" is George Clooney's ex-girlfriend. Who cares about her? I bet she goes early barring any amazing dancing skills/charm. No one's heard of her.

Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace (for reals) should be interesting, he's not your typical DWTS charming sports star, a la Emmet Smith. He's an oddball.

I can't imagine Chaz Bono can dance. But clearly that's not why he was cast.

J.R. Martinez will be a fan favorite, how can he not be??

Ricki Lake is a ringer, she's been in musicals for goodness sakes!

Anyway, what do you fans think?

elektra
08-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Go Hope Solo!

Ron Artest is so unlikeable. He's kind of a D.I.C.K. I guess that have to pick someone and maybe his people think it will help his image.

Chaz- cringe.

Nancy freaking Grace? Talk about grinding nerves.

Yes, I bet Ricki goes far. She's gotta have skills.

Who is J.R. Martinez?

TwinFoxes
08-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Nancy freaking Grace? Talk about grinding nerves.

I couldn't even bring myself to type her name. :barf:

Who is J.R. Martinez?

I didn't know either, I had to look him up. He's an Iraq war veteran with visible injuries who's an actor on All My Children.

boolady
08-30-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm sure this is unfair, but George Clooney's ex-girlfriend being part of the cast makes me believe the reason he supposedly broke up with her...she just wanted media attention and publicity. I am a huge DWTS fan, but if you're trying to go the classy and elegant route, this isn't it.

BabyBearsMom
08-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this is the weakest cast yet? I'm not a huge show watcher, but I did watch it a lot when DD was first born (I was nursing ALL THE TIME and the show seems to be on ALL THE TIME so we were a match made in heaven) so I have a certain appreciation for it. I just feel like this season is "Dancing with people you vaguely recollect"

rlu
08-30-2011, 02:28 PM
We might just skip this season. If we watch, I'll probably root for Hope, but there is an automatic pull for the vet, ykwim?

TwinFoxes
08-30-2011, 02:31 PM
I just feel like this season is "Dancing with people you vaguely recollect"

:rotflmao:

AnnieW625
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
I hate to say it but Chaz is a big "why" for me this year. We usually watch this as a family and DD1 loves the show, but now I am going to have to be really selective about which parts she watches because I am sure there will be some biography about him on the show and I don't want to have to explain all of that to a 5 yr. old, but maybe I am overreacting because I remember being 6 or 7 and thinking it was funny that Boy George could dress up like a girl, or David Bowie could wear crazy makeup. DD1 loved Margaret Cho too, she always asks for the dancer that wore the rainbow, and yellow dresses.

I really like JR Martinez though and watch All My Children, he doesn't have the strongest story line on the show, but he had I believe no acting experience on the show prior to joining it almost 3 yrs. ago and it's a feel good story that he's essentially made it as a soap actor.

mom2binsd
08-30-2011, 10:29 PM
This cast makes their choice of Jerry Springer/Tom Delay in the past look brilliant!

I think I will pass this season....

sweetsue98
08-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Do you think chaz will have a male partner or female partner?

TwinFoxes
08-30-2011, 10:43 PM

Female. A) I can't imagine he'd agree to it if he wasn't treated as man, and B) have you seen him? I think it would seem more out of place if he danced with another man.

elektra
08-30-2011, 10:46 PM

I have to say that this question did not cross my mind about Chaz but it did for a Carson Kressley. I remember there was talk of someone else dancing with a same sex partner. Was it Johnny weir?

kijip
08-30-2011, 11:51 PM
I wish they would do a like (or do they say similar?) pair with Carson Kressley. Johnny Weir in a like pair would be awesome too.

We watch on Hulu. T likes to watch sometimes. I am glad that he will finally see a (marginally) famous person who is an FTM like his own uncle. That said, I can not imagine Chaz will stay long.