PDA

View Full Version : Do you put gel in your boys' hair? What kind?

artvandalay
08-30-2011, 03:59 PM
My 6 year old's hair is short on the sides, slightly longer in front. He sometimes likes to have the front part gelled up a little so it's a tiny bit spikey in the front. Texture of his hair is naturally thick and straight (like mine) but we cut it pretty short because he's got a crazy cowlick thing if it gets too long.

When I used to get his hair cut at the salon I remember they would use Bed Head Hard Up. I seem to be having a hard time finding this. My DH has been cutting his hair lately so I am not able to see what products can be used in his hair.

I have tried some of my own product on the front of his hair (Aquage Transforming Paste), it gives his hair texture but it doesn't have any hold/staying power. I tried a really cheap kind from the drugstore and it didn't work well. Not looking to spend $$$, though. Any suggestions?

TY!

Fairy
08-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Every now and then I do. Aquage or a sometimes a mousse. Very little, it goes a long way. And only on unruly days. He has long hair.

SammyeGail
08-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Last spring DS decided he wanted his hair cut short so he could have *spikes*. I found some of my styling gel and it was totally cute. I didn't use the stuff anymore, way too stiff for me!

Its called got2b spiked-up. I only spiked DS's hair twice (he wanted nothing to do with spikes after wearing it to school that way, lol). I would not say it worked wonders, but applied heavily I think it would do a good job.

DS has super straight hair too.

I just thought of something, do you have any root lift? Maybe you can experiment with that?

artvandalay
08-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Every now and then I do. Aquage or a sometimes a mousse. Very little, it goes a long way. And only on unruly days. He has long hair.

Is the same one I mentioned? Aquage the pale yellow one? I've had mine forever because I only need a tiny bit! I have a hard time getting it to work.

Its called got2b spiked-up. I only spiked DS's hair twice (he wanted nothing to do with spikes after wearing it to school that way, lol). I would not say it worked wonders, but applied heavily I think it would do a good job.

I *think* I've seen this brand at Target, I'll have to look for it, thanks!

Oh I was googling around, found something called Bed Head Mohawk or something like that. DS doesn't have a mohawk, but I guess it would still work? Or would it be too stiff?

Tondi G
08-30-2011, 04:21 PM
I use Giovanni wicked wax when my DS wants a faux hawk. It's a thick gel.

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/products.php

MelissaTC
08-30-2011, 04:25 PM
DH gels his hair every day. Sometimes M will let me gel his. I just use DH's American Crew gel.

DietCokeLover
08-30-2011, 04:36 PM
I use Garnier Fructis Surf Hair on DS.