PDA

View Full Version : NEVERMIND---It's not changing afterall! Disney Cruise Line policy change......

infomama
08-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Disney Cruise Line is about to change it's policy pertaining to bringing booze on board. This is NOT good. 7 night cruise and all I can bring is a bottle of wine? Oh wait...make that I can't bring any alcohol on board because I am flying in, taking the Disney transport to the port and not checking any luggage. Cripes. I was going to bring some mini bottles of rum and vodka but now...no.

I'm going to have to sock away a few more duckets for this upcoming cruise now.

Dangit Disney! Don't you make enough money on your crazy $$$ cruises??!!

TwinFoxes
08-30-2011, 09:40 PM
What was the policy before? I think most cruises don't let you bring alcohol which I agree totally sucks.

infomama
08-30-2011, 09:45 PM
What was the policy before? I think most cruises don't let you bring alcohol which I agree totally sucks.
That was one of the major bonuses with Disney CL...you could bring whatever you wanted on board as long as it was in your carry on luggage (not checked bags that Disney was handling). You have to be 21 to bring it aboard of course.

The old policy:
Alcohol is permitted onboard. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.

infomama
08-30-2011, 09:50 PM
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!
The 'NEW' policy has been revoked!!
:yay:

sste
08-30-2011, 11:12 PM
I was wondering if Mickey was going to be doing a full body cavity search. Cuz I would be smuggling some of that ol' Disney Magic on board. :)