PDA

View Full Version : Any knitters that can answer a quick question

Snow mom
08-31-2011, 12:39 AM
I'm not a very experienced knitter (previously liked to knit not at all fancy things in long rectangles also known as scarves) and I'm trying to knit my first toy. The end calls for icord which I was able to figure out with help from youtube. I can't for the life of me figure out how to cast off the icord properly. There are only three stitches so the knit 2, pull one over doesn't seem to work properly. I tried googling but unfortunately icord cast off is a type of cast off rather than how to cast off your icord. Can anyone give me detailed instructions or point me toward a resource that has instructions? My knitting friend is out of town and DD would be so happy if this project was completed when she woke up. Thanks!

moosemama
08-31-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm not a very experienced knitter (previously liked to knit not at all fancy things in long rectangles also known as scarves) and I'm trying to knit my first toy. The end calls for icord which I was able to figure out with help from youtube. I can't for the life of me figure out how to cast off the icord properly. There are only three stitches so the knit 2, pull one over doesn't seem to work properly. I tried googling but unfortunately icord cast off is a type of cast off rather than how to cast off your icord. Can anyone give me detailed instructions or point me toward a resource that has instructions? My knitting friend is out of town and DD would be so happy if this project was completed when she woke up. Thanks!

Can you just knit all 3 stiches together and then pull the yarn through the one remaining stich to fasten off?

Snow mom
08-31-2011, 12:54 AM
Hmmm, I could certainly try ;) Thanks for the suggestion.

sarahsthreads
08-31-2011, 12:59 AM
Can you just knit all 3 stiches together and then pull the yarn through the one remaining stich to fasten off?

That's what I do. Otherwise you wind up with a flat-ish end on your nice tube-like cord.

Sarah :)

Snow mom
08-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks, third time is the charm I guess. I just finished my third one (making toy strawberries) and I think it's the first to be cast on and off correctly. Knitting the last three stitches together worked great.