PDA

View Full Version : s/o locker room situtation

KrisM
08-31-2011, 07:41 AM
I just need to hear this is fine :)

DS1 is joining a dive team. It's at a local university and has kids up through 18 in it, and mostly girls. The 2 times we tried it out he came in a swim suit and we just walked through the woman's lockerroom to get there. The lockerroom was empty both times, as we are slightly late getting there. When leaving, he changed in the family room, which is just inside the pool door in the woman's locker room, and then he went back out and walked through the men's to get out to the hall. I figured a bunch of teenage girls didn't want a 7 yo boy walking through while they were changing.

Seem reasonable?

The lockerrooms can also be used by people using the workout facilities, so there can be others in it. And, our experience was during summer when classes are much lighter, so the campus population is lower. Next week, fall classes will have started so there will be more people around.

amldaley
08-31-2011, 07:57 AM
I just need to hear this is fine :)

DH is joining a dive team. It's at a local university and has kids up through 18 in it, and mostly girls. The 2 times we tried it out he came in a swim suit and we just walked through the woman's lockerroom to get there. The lockerroom was empty both times, as we are slightly late getting there. When leaving, he changed in the family room, which is just inside the pool door in the woman's locker room, and then he went back out and walked through the men's to get out to the hall. I figured a bunch of teenage girls didn't want a 7 yo boy walking through while they were changing.

Seem reasonable?

The lockerrooms can also be used by people using the workout facilities, so there can be others in it. And, our experience was during summer when classes are much lighter, so the campus population is lower. Next week, fall classes will have started so there will be more people around.

I am hoping you meant DS and not DH. I will assume DH knows how and where to change :wink2: Yes, it seems reasonable. You are using the part of the facility you need to and not abusing or taking advantage otherwise.

KrisM
08-31-2011, 08:03 AM
I am hoping you meant DS and not DH. I will assume DH knows how and where to change :wink2: Yes, it seems reasonable. You using the part of the facility you need to and not abusing or taking advantage otherwise.

Yeah and boy would he be hurting on a dive team!

SnuggleBuggles
08-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Change in the family bathroom, go through men's room would be fine by me. Just hang out near by in case he's taking a long time.

Beth