PDA

View Full Version : Swapping out seasonal clothes?

WatchingThemGrow
08-31-2011, 12:53 PM
When do you do it? I'm thinking Labor Day/Memorial Day are good reminders. We still will have some warm days ahead, but it seems to get cool rather quickly. I would have needed a jacket outside this morning if I were leaving the house.

hillview
08-31-2011, 01:12 PM
For me it TOTALLY depends on the weather. When we have a couple of cool days in a row in September, I put away most of the shorts but not all. It ranges from early to late September. I do a phase approach. So first I reduce the # of shorts and put sandals away. I add some long pants and add a couple of long sleeve shirts. Eventually all shorts go away and only a favorite short sleeves stay out (for over long sleeves usually).

/hillary

waitingforgrace
08-31-2011, 01:13 PM
I usually pull out the fall stuff at labor day but don't pack up the summer stuff until Beginning of October. For spring I usually get that stuff out around Easter. Waiting until memorial day would be too late for us.

wendibird22
08-31-2011, 01:19 PM
I did some switch over this past weekend. DD1 has a dresser with 4 large drawers so I have a separate space for pants, long sleeves, short sleeves and shorts/skorts. I pulled out the spring long sleeves/pants that no longer fit and replaced with fall long sleeves and pants of new size. I have a few hoodies hanging in her closet for cooler mornings. I won't pull the short sleeves and shorts and replace those with sweats/fleece until I'm pretty certain the warm days are over. She's worn pants 2x this week but today it's 80 so back to dress/shorts. I hate this time of the year for that very reason. Never know how to dress the kids for daycare.