PDA

View Full Version : Today I'm grateful for...

longtallsally05
08-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Hand railings. Without them, the 18 steps between my car and DS's room would be insurmountable in my current condition (quite pregnant with a broken foot) while carrying my sleeping, 33 lb DS up for a nap.

I'm also grateful that DD wasn't with me when at the library I saw a teenaged girl climb out of her mom's minivan while wearing shorts SO short that her butt cheeks were hanging out. No kidding, you could see the lines between where her legs ended and her butt cheeks began. DD, who has been known to make bald statements (eg. Grandmother, those shoes look a little man-nish, and ask rude questions (eg. Are you a woman?") would probably have said something like, "Excuse me, I think you forgot to put on your pants today" or "You should wear pants over your underwear." I would have been mortified, but I must admit that it would have been amusing to see the girl's reaction, to say nothing of her mother's reaction...

lizzywednesday
08-31-2011, 02:28 PM
If I were you with your DD, I think that would be one of those times when I would have a LOT of trouble keeping a straight face if she did one of her "inappropriate" questions/comments to the kid ... and I would REALLY have a hard time figuring out a reprimand afterwards.

'Cause, y'know, kids say the darndest things!