PDA

View Full Version : Good nursing tanks?

BabyDahl
08-31-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm gearing up to finally go back to work (booo!). I expect to pump 3 times/day at work (I work 12 hr shifts) and once during the 40 min commute. I plan on wearing a nursing tank with a cardigan just about every day so it's comfortable to pump and I can do paperwork at the same time. I'd really rather not wear crossover nursing tops because they can be too revealing and that won't work for the people I encounter during my shift.

I have a few nursing tanks from Target and they're just soooo big around the waist. Any suggestions for where to buy better fitting, basic color nursing tanks? I'm not terribly concerned with price since I'll get a lot of use out of them. They just need to have snaps to attach to my pump, be long enough to hit near my hips and fit decently. Thanks in advance!

curiousgeorge
08-31-2011, 10:34 PM
I absolutely love my Bravado tanks. I have worn them all summer long (baby was born in April) and am SO happy with them. I have the Target ones and I like them to sleep in but not anything else. The Bravado have a much better built in bra (IMO) than the Target ones.

I don't know exactly what you mean about the snaps to attach to the pump...so not sure how to answer that part.

Here is a link to the ones I'm talking about:
http://www.breakoutbras.com/category/Bravado-Nursing-Bras?gclid=CMS5ifqA-6oCFQxU7Aodl1IV0g

They have two different links for colors--one is basic black/white/brown and the other is more colorful. These are good prices.

Oh, and don't dry them in the dryer. They do shrink in length.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-31-2011, 10:53 PM
i agree, the Bravado ones rock. i get them from breakoutbras.com too. they often have discount codes.

and yeah, i never dry them in the dryer, always hang dry.

i also don't get what you mean by snaps to attach to the pump... i can't attach a pump to any of my nursing tanks (Target, Bravado or Glamourmom). i do have a separate pumping bustier (Simple Wishes brand) that holds up the horns in place while i pump. this thing is a MUST, IMO if you have to pump several times a day while doing something else (being at the computer, etc) i don't work but i got one anyway when DS was little and it saved my sanity, especially when i had to pump 8x a day for the first month of DD's life.

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Wishes-Pumping-Bustier-Breastpump/dp/B003Y01MQY

it is pretty easy to use, and you can wear it over a nursing tank ( you just unhook both sides, of course). it feels kinda like a corset for the boobs bc it has to be tight enough to hold up the horns. but its no big deal, u just take it off after you're done pumping and then hook back the regular nursing tank

BabyDahl
08-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the suggestion about the Bravado tanks. I'll go look at those tonight.

As far as the snaps, I just meant that they have snaps, clips, etc. My friend has some Old Navy nursing tanks and they're little metal hooks that go through fabric (hard to explain, almost like a bra that converts from straps to strapless...?). So when you unhook to nurse, the entire strap separates and will fall down your back, over your shoulder. She showed me and it's quite dumb how they designed it.

I have the Medela Freestyle so when I pump now, I just wear a nursing bra or Target nursing tank, it snaps directly on to the bra strap.

citymama
09-01-2011, 12:08 AM
For layering nursing tank in a work setting I really love my Glamormom tanks. They are really high quality cotton, fitted around the waist, and work fine for pumping. I highly recommend a hands-free pumping bustier too! I wore the GMs under cardis or button up shirts in the winter and wear them under tops or s/s cardis in the summer too.

towerner
09-01-2011, 01:15 AM
If you are using the freestyle with the hands free hookup provided (comes w/ freestyle), it will NOT strap to the Bravado tank. The tank's hooks are backwards (only way I can think to describe it) and don't fit either of the two white freestyle bra clips. The Bravado nursing bras fit perfectly with these.
I love my bravado tanks, but sadly they do not work with freestyle clips. I even went to a local breastfeeding supplies store to ask about any type of clip they sell that would make them compatible and it doesn't sound like there's anything on the market now. Salesperson did say that Medela just acquired Bravado and they'd probably make something someday (but that doesn't help us now, does it?).

BabyDahl
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=towerner;3250231]If you are using the freestyle with the hands free hookup provided (comes w/ freestyle), it will NOT strap to the Bravado tank.....(del)
I love my bravado tanks, but sadly they do not work with freestyle clips./[QUOTE]

Oooh, good to know. You saved me return shipping on Amazon ;)

I saw that A Pea in the Pod carries Glamourmom tanks so I plan to go scope those out today. Thanks for all the input, ladies!

CaliMommy
09-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I really like my Glamourmom tanks! It's the only one that I found that worked well with my long torso.