PDA

View Full Version : Boden Stripy Tunic Question

kissmekate
08-31-2011, 06:19 PM
I finally was able to snag a stripy tunic in my size. Just received it today and..... they sent the wrong size.:( I'm soooo bummed. The clear packaging had the right size on the sticker, but the dress itself was the wrong size. I'm sure it was sent back by someone and they put it back in the wrong packaging. It also has a couple of stains on the front. Not sure if it was worn or if someone spilled some stuff on it while trying it on. I called customer service today in hopes that they maybe had my size, but it was a no go and they just said I can send it back. Anywho... just wanted to see if anyone else has this and if they have noticed any shrinkage at all. It's one size up from my normal size. I'm very small busted, but it *may* work if I can get it to shrink a bit.

Canna
08-31-2011, 06:35 PM
If it has stains and is the wrong size, I think I'd really send it back.

I have a couple of size-up things from Boden that I bought, bizarrely, at a preschool tag sale and while I do wear them casually, they are definitely too big for me and don't quite fit right.

citymama
09-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Definitely send it back. Is this a summer item? Many of my clearance orders arrived after clearly having been tried on or worn by someone else. I only kept them if the item fit and I wanted it but not in this kind of case! How did it look when you tried it on - fabulous, must have, or meh?

mypa
09-01-2011, 12:40 AM
I got the Stripy Tunic in both my normal size (fit just right) and a size up (boxy, loose). Kept the size up one as it fit across my back better and was crossing my fingers that it would shrink. Washed in warm and dried on med-high and it shrank quite a bit in both with and length. Now, it fits almost like my normal size one except it's just a bit looser.

kissmekate
09-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Thank you so much for the replies! I tried it on again and I really do like it. It's not huge by any means. Feels like maybe half a size to big and a little boxy. The stains look like toothpaste.... grrrr, but I'm sure they'll come out. I got such a great price on it that I think I'm going to try and shrink it.

mjmamma
09-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Thank you so much for the replies! I tried it on again and I really do like it. It's not huge by any means. Feels like maybe half a size to big and a little boxy. The stains look like toothpaste.... grrrr, but I'm sure they'll come out. I got such a great price on it that I think I'm going to try and shrink it.

I think if you dry it to shrink it, it'll just fade the cotton since you'll always have to dry the piece to maintain the size. Can you have someone tailor it for you? Just take the sides in a bit? If not, a belt may be a good option if you do keep it.