PDA

View Full Version : Buying a refurbished phone - any experience?

theriviera
08-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Hi!

I'm planning on adding our nanny to my cell phone plan and would like to get her a phone with a decent camera and video so she can send pictures of the kids. There are great deals (AT&T) on refurbed phones (she doesn't care what kind) but I don't want to get a phone that will just give us a lot of problems.

Has anyone bought a refurbished phone? Would you do it again?

Thanks!

ljackson
08-31-2011, 08:35 PM
I've bought one once and would do it again without a second thought. I can't remember how long it lasted but maybe 4 years or so.

blondflava
08-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Both my DH and I got our iPhones refurbished from AT&T.. His has been working without any problems, but I had to have the battery replaced (phone died all the time) and soon after, it needed to be wiped clean and rebooted by the Apple people, there was some issue with a software that made the screen go black out of sudden, the phone is not even a year old. It was all covered by warranty so free, but still, PITA to deal with it. Looks like the screen issues are sort of back, I might need to go back to Apple store and ask them to replace my phone because I need to be able to depend on it :(

alexsmommy
08-31-2011, 09:02 PM
2+ years on refurb iPhone. It's just now showing some signs of wear. I'd do it again.