PDA

View Full Version : You touch-a my dipes, I break-a your face!

MamaMolly
08-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Dear MIL:
Why, why, why do you choose to 'help' by ruining my beautiful cloth diapers??????? Even after I've expressed as nicely as I can that I don't want anyone, not even YOU, touching them? I know you think you are God's gift to laundry but you keep screwing up my dipes and I'm OVER IT.

AGGGGGGGGH! :banghead:

This time she just runs them on a regular cycle. No pre wash, no soak, and I suspect that she didn't even use hot water. And then she dried them. So tonight as I"m stuffing my pocket dipes they whiff of pee and have stains.

AGGGGGGGGGH! :banghead:

In the past she has shredded my cotton fitteds, she has used DRYER SHEETS, she has even dried them with a bunch of new towels so Dolly's poor butt was covered in pilly lint.

I.WANT.TO.SCREAM.

Leave the (#*$^*#^ diapers alone!!!!!

boltfam
08-31-2011, 11:41 PM
How annoying! How does she *not* get it?!

ThreeofUs
09-01-2011, 12:14 AM
OMG. She washed the diapers again! What a PITA, Molly, I'm so sorry.

crl
09-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Hide them. Hide the diapers every time the woman comes over.

Catherine

Melanie
09-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Unplug the machine, turn off the water and hide the diapers next time she comes.

I'm a little shocked she just randomly does your laundry? I guess my MIL and I just aren't that close. LOL. I mean, I've "let" her do my dishes during a big family dinner, but no one gets near my laundry.

soon2b4
09-01-2011, 06:27 AM
ITA - unplug the washer before she comes and hide the cord behind the machine! So sorry - what a pain!

momm
09-01-2011, 06:56 AM
Wow. Even after explaining to her that cloth diapers need a certain type of care?

Next time you go over, clean her fine china with shoepolish, and polish her furniture with blue toilet bowl cleaner.

Just act innocent and say that's how you polish the shoes, and clean the toilet bowl, why would china and furniture need to be treated differently?

happymomma
09-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Wow. Even after explaining to her that cloth diapers need a certain type of care?

Next time you go over, clean her fine china with shoepolish, and polish her furniture with blue toilet bowl cleaner.

Just act innocent and say that's how you polish the shoes, and clean the toilet bowl, why would china and furniture need to be treated differently?

:yeahthat: That is hilarious!! But seriously, sorry about what she did. How does she not understand after you've explained to her?

maestramommy
09-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Okay, I had to read your thread because the title was so funny:p But the situations sucks! I remember when my mom came to help out when Laurel was born. For a while she was helping with laundry, but the washing and folding process for CDs was so hard to explain and remember that I finally decided to do it myself. There are just too many variables and it took weeks of experimentation for me to come up with a process that worked for me.

Funny how you MIL burns to be helpful though! I would fall over and faint if MIL tried to do our laundry. I mean, I just don't expect that of houseguests, even family!

DietCokeLover
09-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh no! So sorry.

Next time she comes over, give her a task like making cookies or something to keep her busy and out of the laundry.

AnnieW625
09-01-2011, 01:48 PM
She struck again, didn't she melt some diaper covers too prior to Dolly being born?

hellokitty
09-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Ugh, that sucks! I could imagine my mom doing the same thing.

HonoluluMom
09-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Oh no! How frustrating!

artvandalay
09-01-2011, 02:01 PM
:hysterical: Sorry, but I LOL'd at the title of this post!

new_mommy25
09-02-2011, 02:19 PM
OMG, that would make me crazy!! Does she live with you or does she babysit DD? Why is she washing diapers? Would it help to type out a detailed instruction list on how to wash the diapers and tape it to the washer? I cd'ed both my kids so I understand your frustration!