PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk hair...

blondflava
09-01-2011, 08:06 AM
I have medium length (right past shoulder blades at back, a bit shorter in front) hair that I just had colored brown-reddish.. I need ideas as to what to do with it on daily basis, while chasing my 2 year old. I was usually putting it in the ponytail, especially as it was in dire need of color and we were hanging out at the beach, pool etc.
Now, any other ideas? Loose hair drives me crazy but am not sure what else but ponytail I can do... Getting tired of the 'same ole' same ole'...Help ;)!

weech
09-01-2011, 08:09 AM
My two favorites are a low ponytail at the nape of my neck and twisted up in a clip. Someone recommended ficcare(sp)? clips for this in the past, but I never remember to pick one up.

SnuggleBuggles
09-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Headband? I'd try and break your loose heair dislike. :) Make yourself where it down for a while and maybe you'll grow to like it.

Beth

blondflava
09-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks Ladies, I do the low ponytail and then hair twisted in a clip - usually after I wash it in the morning, it dries in nice waves then, but takes forever to dry, and I usually end up in a ponytail again, waves or not.
Funny thing is, I used to wear loose hair all the time pre-baby, it was MUCH longer, too, so I know it's totally doable...

weech
09-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks Ladies, I do the low ponytail and then hair twisted in a clip - usually after I wash it in the morning, it dries in nice waves then, but takes forever to dry, and I usually end up in a ponytail again, waves or not.
Funny thing is, I used to wear loose hair all the time pre-baby, it was MUCH longer, too, so I know it's totally doable...

I never got the hang of wearing my hair down. It's like a wool scarf around my neck (and it's also unruly). I am a slave to the ponytail! :rotflmao:

blondflava
09-01-2011, 03:16 PM
LOL.
I tried the two ponytails look.. But felt so weird and so not me. Anyways, I always admire those unruly 'didn't try too hard' look with a cute headband and a messy bun but was never able to duplicate it. It always look like I'm actually trying TOO HARD. Sleek ponytail is what I do best. Sigh..

Babymakes3
09-01-2011, 09:21 PM
For whatever reason since I had DS (he's 3 now) I can't stand my hair being down, like Weech said it feels like wool around my neck, of course its HOT here so that is probably part of it. Therefore when its wet I twist it into a clip but again it never dries so then I quick blowdry it before I head out and pull it into a ponytail. If I have a few minutes i'll quick french braid it or do an inside out braid.
There are tons of cute hairstyles and tutorials on Pinterest! I have a whole board for hairstyles and ideas! If you need a Pinterest invite pm me.

Is it the loose hair hanging in your face that bothers you or that it's on your neck? You could try doing a twist or a modified headband braid to keep the hair out of your face (it's hard to describe but I can find links to show you if you want).

DrSally
09-03-2011, 12:07 AM
I spent decades wearing my hair back everyday. I, too, hated it in my face, dealing w/it while moving about, etc. Then, this past year, I started wearing it down (or halfway down) and I love it! I lost a lot of hair when I restarted the pill, and it freaked me out a bit. I decided that I just needed to start "enjoying" my hair. I will pull back a little bit from the sides/front and clip that in the back. Not much at all, but enough that it's not hanging in my face and I don't have to tuck it behind my ears. I actually think I look more attractive like this (my face does). I do have to iron/curl it then, but I don't wash every day, so it lasts (otherwise it's a frizz ball). I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. Also, I got a haircut w/more layers and that helps take some of the weight and volume down and the front from hanging in my eyes.

wallawala
09-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Love the ficcare clip!! The nordies staff will show you lots of ways to use it. It's steep though

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ficcare-maximas-hair-clip/2941274

The goody spin pins are an awesome (quick, cheap, secure) way to change your ponytail addition into a bun addition. Can be super casual /cute to sleek/professional. I can't deal with bobby pins, but these are "hair crack".

http://www.goody.com/#/grid/simple_styles/products/simple_styles_spin_pin

kozachka
09-06-2011, 03:33 AM
Sounds to me like your hair is too long for you. I consider a hair past shoulder blades to be long, rather than medium length. Getting the right haircut really helped me with getting out of the ponytail stage.