PDA

View Full Version : How do you prevent your DC from standing up in the crib...

momm
09-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Thereby getting themselves excited and not falling asleep, continuously repeating this new trick?

Oh please tell me there's a magic solution...

lhafer
09-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Ignore them. Don't give in. Don't keep going in and laying them down. Let them stand up, play, whatever. Get it out of their system. They will fall asleep eventually.

SnuggleBuggles
09-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Ignore them. Don't give in. Don't keep going in and laying them down. Let them stand up, play, whatever. Get it out of their system. They will fall asleep eventually.

:yeahthat:

I have never, ever had a problem with my ids playing themselves to sleep. Awesome skill and they'll sleep when tired.

Beth

BabyBearsMom
09-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Let them do it a lot. It is a fun new game and they want to practice. We used to let DD "practice" her standing for an hour before bed time so she was tuckered out and ready for bed when the time came.

momm
09-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Makes sense, thanks!

So you all don't help them get back to laying down, but just ignore and let them play and get tired and then they eventually sleep on their own?

thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
09-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Nope, I never helped (well maybe once or so) but the mattress is soft. No harm is really going to come if they fall. Practice makes perfect too. :)

Beth

JBaxter
09-01-2011, 02:38 PM
standing then jumping boing boing boing over and over. Nathan shook the bolts loose. Then the final trick is hoisting the leg up and over. Skill after skill.

sunshine873
09-01-2011, 02:38 PM
You mean without tying them down? :ROTFLMAO:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Like others have said, let them be. It's just a new trick & they want to practice! They'll get tired, lay down & fall asleep eventually.

TwinFoxes
09-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Maybe the first couple of times I helped, when they seemed truly afraid and not sure how the heck they'd gotten themselves into that mess! But literally after about 1 day they caught on, and occasionally would get stuck, but would figure it out (hey, this cushy thing I'm standing on will break my fall!) I totally remember thinking the same thing though. :) I miss those days.

bubbaray
09-01-2011, 02:49 PM
One of my girls fell asleep standing up in the crib ones. Can't remember which one, though. They both used it like a trampoline. I just ignored it. :)

CaliMommy
09-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Like all the PPs have said, I just let DS stand/bounce/jump on the crib until he has tired himself out. And I've found that he sleeps more soundly and longer this way. :)

momm
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Thank you all for weighing in! Much appreciated.