PDA

View Full Version : S/O complicated life thread

DietCokeLover
09-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Gatorsmom mentioned her iPhone as a big help to her in keeping life in control. I am wondering what apps you have found helpful with this. What calendar app do you use that you can synch with DH?

One app that has helped me is Grocery IQ. Love that one, but I would be interested in what else people are finding useful.

BabyBearsMom
09-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Gatorsmom mentioned her iPhone as a big help to her in keeping life in control. I am wondering what apps you have found helpful with this. What calendar app do you use that you can synch with DH?

One app that has helped me is Grocery IQ. Love that one, but I would be interested in what else people are finding useful.

Dh and I both use Google calendar. We have access to each other's calendar and we linked the Google calendar to our iphones (not as an App). I don't know how he did it, but it works out great because I can add things like doctors appts and social engagements directly to his calendar.

pastrygirl
09-01-2011, 12:08 PM
+1 for Google calendar.

I also recently started using a task manager, too, so I can put things like "call the babysitter" instead of putting it on my calendar. It syncs between my Mac (via Google calendar) and phone (Droid X). http://www.toodledo.com

On my iPod Touch, I love the app "Intuition". Unfortunately, it doesn't sync to anything.

For groceries/errands, I use CloudList on my Droid X. It syncs to my husband's phone and my online account.

For keeping track of spending, which I've desperately needed to do for YEARS, I found EasyMoney on my Droid. LOVE IT.

sste
09-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Were any of you able to sync both calendars? So, my husband and I both share our google calendars with each other fully so when we pull it up it looks like one big calendar with his stuff in green and mine in red and our son's in blue. But when I synced between my iphone and google I have only been able to get my calendar up and not my husband's or son's.

I may need to head to the apple store and throw myself on the mercy of a genuis . . .

larig
09-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Were any of you able to sync both calendars? So, my husband and I both share our google calendars with each other fully so when we pull it up it looks like one big calendar with his stuff in green and mine in red and our son's in blue. But when I synced between my iphone and google I have only been able to get my calendar up and not my husband's or son's.

I may need to head to the apple store and throw myself on the mercy of a genuis . . .

Try this.

by default, only the default calendar is synced to your iPhone (assuming you've set up your google calendar account, and you already have gmail, etc. set up). Go here to enable additional calendars: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

sste
09-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Larig, I think I love you. :)

This is not the first time you have delivered merciful aid on the computer front and you have given me some great kid pre-math play suggestions this year too. Thank you.

Kymberley
09-01-2011, 12:30 PM
The 2 most used productivity apps on my phone are Calengoo and HomeRoutine. I'm still learning all of the aspects of Calengoo, and it's a bit $$, but it's a great app. HomeRoutine helps me stay on task as far as housework is concerned. Sometimes. :D

larig
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Larig, I think I love you. :)

This is not the first time you have delivered merciful aid on the computer front and you have given me some great kid pre-math play suggestions this year too. Thank you.

Aww, shucks. You're awfully sweet, and I'm so happy to help. We had this issue sharing a coop preschool calendar, so I had the answer from that. They should make it more obvious, shouldn't they?!

wellyes
09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Simplenote!
Simple instant sync between any PC and your iphone.
It's my grocery list, to-do list, to-read list, place I put kid quotes and everything else.

pastrygirl
09-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Simplenote!
Simple instant sync between any PC and your iphone.
It's my grocery list, to-do list, to-read list, place I put kid quotes and everything else.Oh! I forgot about Evernote, which sounds similar. I've been starting to use it more and more. I love the idea of saving kid quotes there!

The other apps listed above sound great... but are not available for Android. Darn!

WatchingThemGrow
09-01-2011, 01:10 PM
Remember the Milk is the app I use on my android that keeps ALL our todo lists (DH even uses it for work) plus our random shopping lists for Lowe's, TJ's, Sam's, the mall, consignment sales, etc. We would be so much more lost without this program.

AnnieW625
09-01-2011, 01:11 PM
I have a google calendar set up but DH doesn't check it. We end up just calling each other and letting us know what we have do or mark things on our paper calendar in our kitchen.

larig
09-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I'm DYING for iOS5 to come out. I want reminders. (http://www.macworld.com/article/160435/2011/06/ios5_reminders.html)

I love the idea that it will know when I am "leaving home" and remind me to "grab the permission slips" or to "pick up the dry-cleaning" when i'm "leaving school." etc. (or get milk when I "enter costco")--brilliant use of GPS

DH and I share our apple login, so we should have an easy time with everything staying synced.

endlessheather
09-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I can't live without Calengoo (Google Calendar) which both DH and I use. I have numerous calendars under my account for say each of the boys, my school + work, and family plans.

Evernote is my other go to app. But what makes it great for me is the web tagging ability from say chrome or firefox also.

I've tried numerous grocery apps but I think I have Grocery IQ right now.