PDA

View Full Version : And one more thing...

bisous
09-01-2011, 11:51 AM
My spacebar is broken.

I work off a laptop from 1998. I HAD one from 2007 but it died HARD right after the warranty was up (blue screen of death!) while this old Toshiba just keeps on trucking.

Here's the really annoying part. I get paid to write blog style articles. I am having a baby in less than two weeks and I was trying to "get ahead" of the game. And my space bar alternates not making a space and making TWO spaces. It slows me down tremendously and my secret to working two jobs, homeschooling and everything else is that I TYPE really fast! I would LOVE to replace this baby but it just is NOT in the budget. GRRR.

DrSally
09-01-2011, 11:59 AM
So incredibly annoying!!! I hate not being able to type fast. I don't like this iPad virtual keyboard, and my laptop is too slow, and missing keys (DD took them off)

elbenn
09-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Can't you get a cheap keyboard and hook it up to the laptop? It would be a little awkward, but would work at a table or desk.

bisous
09-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Ooh. I forgot to mention that I am missing a "2" as well. It works okay and admittedly I don't use it as much as I would a letter of the alphabet but it is a tad annoying.

A keyboard is really not a bad idea. A LOT cheaper than a new laptop!

tmahanes
09-01-2011, 08:49 PM
You can also buy a replacement keyboard for your laptop and there are youtube videos on how to switch it out. I just bought one for $12 because B broke my 2 off. :(

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Uno-Mom
09-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Oh lord, I feel your pain. My personal computers are all ok (knock on wood) but there's this conference room computer at work... it's the one we use to document lots of big team meetings. I'm often the recorder because I'm quick and accurate but the freakin space bar sticks!!!

This is soooooo annoying when a whole team of co-workers are waiting for me to type up the notes. I have to slam down on the key just to get it to notice. Grrr.

jal
09-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Best Buy has a pretty nice looking Logitec wireless keyboard for only $30. It has a tiny USB dongle (small enough you should never have to worry about pulling it out) and uses Logitec's new "universal dongle" technology (which means you can also buy a compatable mouse that will work of the same dongle). We just go this one (and compatable mouse) to replace a bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo that died.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech+-+K360+Wireless+Keyboard/2588454.p?id=1218337861957&skuId=2588454&st=keyboard&cp=1&lp=2
Logitech - K360 Wireless Keyboard

newnana
09-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Can't you get a cheap keyboard and hook it up to the laptop? It would be a little awkward, but would work at a table or desk.

you guys are awesome. lifesavers. The advice and ideas I get from this board constantly amaze me. What a simple, cheap solution. When I'm stressed I don't think clearly. It's why I'll be here for years to come.

Good luck!