PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a small lunchbox please!

happymom
09-01-2011, 04:12 PM
DD is going to be in playgroup from 9-1 this year. I just found out that I only need to send in lunch, as snacks are being provided. I had bought her a cute lunchbox a little while back, but if I'm only sending in a sandwich and a drink, its really much bigger than necessary. Any recommendations for something smaller?

RedSuedeShoes
09-01-2011, 04:25 PM
My daughter has a puppy one she likes. I bought it at reuseit.com, but I don't see the exact one there anymore. They do have a bunch of cute ones, though.

Oh, looks like Amazon has it. Sorry, I forget how to post a link! But if you search Built NY Munchler lunch bag at Amazon, you'll find it as well as some other cute ones.

Canna
09-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Old Navy has cute reusable lunch bags that are a perfect snack size for about $5.

happymom
09-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Old Navy has cute reusable lunch bags that are a perfect snack size for about $5.

Thanks, but I really wanted something that I could put an icepack in so it stays cold.

happymom
09-01-2011, 04:43 PM
My daughter has a puppy one she likes. I bought it at reuseit.com, but I don't see the exact one there anymore. They do have a bunch of cute ones, though.

Oh, looks like Amazon has it. Sorry, I forget how to post a link! But if you search Built NY Munchler lunch bag at Amazon, you'll find it as well as some other cute ones.

Thanks, those are cute. I wish it showed a picture of it open.

infomama
09-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Here are some cute little numbers
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TQ63R4/ref=asc_df_B000TQ63R41689178?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B000TQ63R4

lhafer
09-01-2011, 05:00 PM
DD is going to be in playgroup from 9-1 this year. I just found out that I only need to send in lunch, as snacks are being provided. I had bought her a cute lunchbox a little while back, but if I'm only sending in a sandwich and a drink, its really much bigger than necessary. Any recommendations for something smaller?

I just got a small lunchbox from Ver Bradley (the Let's Do Lunch one) for my kindergartner. Love it so far. It has a small pocket on the inside where I keep an ice pack. It's big enough to fit a lunchable box and a juice. Or a sandwich, juice box, cheese stick, and some goldfish. It's not too big or too small. I got a reusabel snack sack for her snacks.

The Carnaby color is going for $12 right now online.
http://www.verabradley.com/product/Lets-Do-Lunch/154875/defaultColor/Lemon+Parfait/p/154875.uts?fromSearch=1

Canna
09-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks, but I really wanted something that I could put an icepack in so it stays cold.

I do put an ice pack in it when I send my DD's snack.

tribe pride
09-01-2011, 05:52 PM
It's nothing fancy, but this lunchbox from REI is great. It has a separate spot to hold an ice pack, too:
http://www.rei.com/product/797876/rei-go-box-cooler-small

We actually use this to carry DS's epi pens and benadryl. It easily fits into my diaper bag. It's pretty small, but if all you want to put in your DD's lunch is a sandwich and juice box, there is plenty of room for that. They also make a couple of bigger sizes, if you want to go bigger.