PDA

View Full Version : Need laptop backpack recs for me

babybell
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Anyone have a laptop backpack they love? Needs to be able to carry 13" laptop, books, lunch, etc. Easy on the back/shoulders would be nice too. :) TIA!

ETA: I'm not opposed to shoulder-strap more "feminine" bags, but I find that I either can't fit everything I want into it, and/or it kills my shoulders (and I'm liking being hands free these days). If anyone has a good rec for one of these I'd be happy to take a look!

infomama
09-01-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm a big fan of Tom Bihn. Made in Seattle...awesome stuff. Lots to choose from.
www.tombihn.com

babybell
09-01-2011, 09:12 PM
I have another question... it is "juvenile" for an adult to use a backpack for work? I'm already much younger than most of my colleagues... or does no one notice this kind of thing? Does a single strap carry make you look more professional?

wendibird22
09-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Love my Vera Bradley laptop back pack. LOVE IT! Lot of organization and holds a ton of stuff. I have my 15" macbook pro, power cord and VGA adaptor in the computer section. In the main section I have a file folder, usually a magazine, my umbrella, a pair of gym sneakers (yes sneaker fit), and my oversized wristlet. In the front most pocket I have my cell charger, ID badge, assorted office keys, lipstick, ipod touch. It has two side slip pockets too which fit my car keys and my cell phone.

I was able to get mine on a 50% off sale on the Sittin In A Tree pattern. I also stalked ebay for a while and you can get decent sale prices there too.

Kindra178
09-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I switched to a backpack for work a couple of months ago. Although I have a great collection of work bags (with my Kate Spade one by far my fav), I was hauling too much stuff back and forth and my shoulders were killing me. I walk almost a mile on both ends of my train commute and regularly haul work files, shoes, lunch and a laptop. I got the Apex backpack from LL Bean, on sale for about $30. For some reason, it's not on the website anymore. I love it.

endlessheather
09-01-2011, 10:30 PM
My fave is Timbuk2. I have a messenger style bag of theirs also for my laptop and love it. They are pretty popular around here with the business crowd and they have some girly prints to them. I see them a lot on campus too with professors and students. Mine looks brand new, very durable.
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/backpacks/

babybell
09-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks! I'll check those out!

niccig
09-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Check out these bags. DH has one and I'm thinking of getting one if I start to take my laptop to school. It's a hybrid messenger to laptop bag. My DH has a bad back and he uses it in backpack mode for to/from work. He then swaps to messenger mode when he needs to - eg when we fly he has a backpack camera bag and then this as messenger mode.

It's a little pricey, but several people from DH's work have one (all have bad backs from sitting for hours in front of computers) and they all like it.

http://www.bbpbags.com/hamptons.html

wendibird22
09-04-2011, 01:49 PM
A few of the Vera prints are 60% off this weekend so you could get their laptop backpack for ~$40 which is a steal.

babybell
09-04-2011, 03:09 PM
I've heard that the life of a Vera bag is quite short. Is this true? I don't want to have to get another in a year.

citymama
09-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Love my ArcTeryx bag. I've had it for 6 years and it literally looks brand new.