PDA

View Full Version : Gift for Shower hostess?

indigo99
09-01-2011, 10:25 PM
My sister's friend threw her shower. The girl's sister did all of the food & drinks, and they did decorations and paid for the location ($100 I think). Their mother also helped.

My sister asked me how much she should spend on a thank you gift, and I have no idea. Any suggestions on what she can give her?

Mommy_Again
09-02-2011, 02:23 PM
I've found nice hostess gifts anywhere from $20 - $50...just depends how close you are to the hostess(es), and how many there are (I'd spend more if it were 2-3 vs 5-6; mostly due to my budget, but also because the more hostesses involved, the less each of them will spend).

BeachBum
09-02-2011, 03:25 PM
So the friend threw the party and her family helped? I would do something for the family too...maybe a potted plant? orchid or something? For the friend I would probably spend about $40...

indigo99
09-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the advice. Yes, her friend was technically throwing the shower, but the friend's sister did all of the food which was a pretty big deal. Her mother was also involved somehow (probably helped pay too). My sister works part-time and is going to have to quit when the baby comes. Her boyfriend has been unemployed for months and just started a new job this week so money is tight. I just wasn't sure what was expected.