PDA

View Full Version : What type of cookie sheets do you rec?

JTsMom
09-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Is there such a thing as an affordable, non-aluminum, not-non-stick cookie sheet that works well?

egoldber
09-02-2011, 08:17 AM
We use cheap ones and put a silicone mat on them. It works beautifully.

elbenn
09-02-2011, 08:28 AM
I use these: http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Stainless-Steel-Cookie-Sheet/dp/B000F7823U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314966391&sr=8-1

SnuggleBuggles
09-02-2011, 08:29 AM
I have 2 heavy duty Calphalon ones and I put a Silpat sheet on them. I have cheap sheets and even with the Silpat I just don't like them as much. The thick, sturdy sheets just seem better but I could be imagining that!

Beth

daisymommy
09-02-2011, 09:01 AM
I have the ones rated top-pick by America's Test Kitchen
Chicago Metallic Commercial sheets
http://www.chefscatalog.com/product/24353-chicago-metallic-commercial-cookie-sheet.aspx

They work great!
I put down either a Silpat or unbleached parchment paper.

m448
09-02-2011, 09:15 AM
just buy restaurant supply half sheet pans. They're heavy duty, standardized size and if you fit them with a stainless rack work as a roaster too. I have about 4 in my rotation and use them in the oven, in the freezer and pretty much everywhere in between. I line mine with parchment sheets in a standard size (buy mine in packs of 100 through King Arthur flour or you can buy them locally in certain places).

If I'm making something super messy I'll line them with foil instead (like roasting meats).

MaiseyDog
09-02-2011, 01:30 PM
just buy restaurant supply half sheet pans. They're heavy duty, standardized size and if you fit them with a stainless rack work as a roaster too.
:yeahthat: I buy them for about $6-7 each at a local restaurant supply store. They are nice and heavy duty and have held up really well. Plus since they are so cheap, if I do mess one up, I can easily replace it. I've also bought them at Sam's Club back in the commercial restaurant section where they have pots and pans and chafing dishes (not in the residential kitchen area) I don't remember how much those were, but I know they weren't as cheap as the restaurant supply store.

AnnieW625
09-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Mine are from Roshco, they were a gift when we got married. I really like them. My grandma who lives in high altitude area swears by these from William Sonoma (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/usa-pan-goldtouch-nonstick-cookie-sheet/?pkey=csheet-pans-cookie-sheets); not cheap, but she loves them.

gatorsmom
09-02-2011, 01:41 PM
just buy restaurant supply half sheet pans. They're heavy duty, standardized size .

:yeahthat: My mother worked as a cook and she made thousands (I'm not exagerating) of cut out Xmas cookies every year. She used these and bought them at Sam's Club. She bought me some and they are all I use. I've never needed parchment paper or any kind of liner. I find they clean off easily.

wimama
09-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I really like the few Doughmaker baking pans and the cookie sheet I have. No need for wax paper or or a silicone mat.

Doughmaker (http://www.amazon.com/Doughmakers-10051-Cookie-Sheet/dp/B000QCMFYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314985554&sr=8-1)

maestramommy
09-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Recently I've been buying bakeware from Pampered Chef, and I'm really happy with it. I have a cookie sheet that is aluminum coated steel (I think!) and it's just awesome. I also have a ceramic mini loaf pan, and I love that too.

kboyle
09-02-2011, 01:53 PM
i just made a batch of cookies on my Pampered Chef baking sheet w/parchment paper and have NEVER had a batch of cookies turn out better!

hellokitty
09-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Another vote for the sam's club restaurant supply cookie sheets. I've had expensive ones and they never yielded the results (or easy clean up), like the sam's club ones. You can get a two-pk for about $11. I'm thinking about getting more. They are also great for freezing things (ie: blueberries) before putting them into a ziplock bag in the deep freezer. We use them a lot for grilling too, when we prep things to go on the grill, they are fantastic.

mackmama
09-02-2011, 02:34 PM
I usually use cheap ones lined with foil or parchment paper to keep the mess down.