PDA

View Full Version : another hurricane irene whine

catsnkid
09-02-2011, 09:48 AM
We are into day 6 with no power, no toilets, no tv, no internet. DH laid off last week. The novelty has worn off. My fridge smells. Laundry is everywhere as I bring it to my mother's but can't put it away in the dark afterwork. Haven't been able to keep up with BB or my fav shoes. Last night I just layed on my mom's couch to relax for a few minutes.. had two inches of water in my basement- cancelled vacation as I can't leave the sump pump.

cuca_
09-02-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm sorry. That sounds miserable. Bitch away! My DD used to go to school in CT and for some reason I am still in their text list. They were supposed to start this past Monday but they still don't have power, so they are scheduled to start next week -- if they have power then.

I hope your power is back on soon!

lhafer
09-02-2011, 11:08 AM
We are into day 6 with no power, no toilets, no tv, no internet. DH laid off last week. The novelty has worn off. My fridge smells. Laundry is everywhere as I bring it to my mother's but can't put it away in the dark afterwork. Haven't been able to keep up with BB or my fav shoes. Last night I just layed on my mom's couch to relax for a few minutes.. had two inches of water in my basement- cancelled vacation as I can't leave the sump pump.

You need more than a whine!!! That is totally bitch worthy!! Hope things get back on for you soon!

:hug:

elephantmeg
09-02-2011, 03:42 PM
oh no! Sounds terrible. Hope everything is back together soon!

karstmama
09-02-2011, 05:52 PM
i'm so sorry. we're mostly back together at our house, but i feel for you. hugs, it *will* get better soon!

liz
09-03-2011, 12:41 PM
I feel your pain (we were hit by Irene as well). Big, big :grouphug:

catsnkid
09-05-2011, 09:58 AM
thanks all! We got it back 6 1/2 days later.. Havent been around here much as no computer at home.. basement flooring needs to be fixed but we might get some money from insurance, so that is good. Fridge was cleaned out yesterday.. needed to be cleaned anyway.. My house is still a wreck, but that's sorta normal!! I was able to save a lot of food at my parents- DS was a trooper but his parents weren't after 4 days!

happymomma
09-05-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm so glad that you got your power back!! That sucked to be without power for so long. We were out of power last year for about 4 days. It was a pain but the kids did fine overall. I wasn't in good shape.