PDA

View Full Version : Pink eye

boilermakermom
09-02-2011, 10:35 AM
DD has pink eye. We have drops from the pedi.

I usually up the amount of vitamin E I take when my allergies are bad, as I tend to get viral conjunctivitis. Is there anything I can give her in addition to the drops to help things? Any tips or tricks?

BabyBearsMom
09-02-2011, 10:39 AM
:hug: Pink Eye just sucks. DD seems to be inclined toward it and has had it at least 3 or 4 times (and she is only 16 months). I don't think there is anything you can do to make it get better extra fast. The drops help quickly though. For my DD, her eye usually clears up within 24 hours of taking the drops. My pedi says that if the kiddo is in a lot of discomfort from the eye you can give them some tylenol or the like, but I have never done that. Make sure that everyone is washing their hands and wash all the pillow cases in the house. In our house, when DD gets it, DH always gets it. So gross.

sarahsthreads
09-02-2011, 11:03 AM
DD1 has had it a few times over the years. We put paper towels in the bathrooms and take down all handtowels for the duration (sharing towels can really spread it) and step up the handwashing regime big time. So far (knock wood) we've managed to avoid spreading it from one family member to another!

Good luck!
Sarah :)