PDA

View Full Version : Third trimester/energy level and party planning

janine
09-02-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm now 33 weeks and feel alot less energy this week and compared to my last pregnancy. Of course there is much to do with preparing for the baby and the power outage/flooding dind't help (lots of clean up).

But what I'm most concerned about is DD's 3rd birthday is in 4 weeks when I'll be 36-37weeks. I of course wanted to plan her a big party - 3 is when they start to appreciate it. This would mean kids at the house and lots of prepping - I'm worried that I will be in over my head. But then again maybe the energy will come back. What would you do?

Bens Momma
09-02-2011, 01:52 PM
I would plan on having her party a few weeks early, and you may want to scale it back a bit from what you'd normally do. I'm almost 36 weeks and I can tell you that energy and ability to move around comfortably has gotten much worse in the past 2 weeks! Maybe you'll be lucky and still be feeling great, but I wouldn't count on it. We had a birthday party for my older DS 2.5 weeks ago with 12 8 year-olds, I held up fine but was a wreck that night! I'm struggling because DS#2 (whose b-day is actually my due date :eek:) wants the same theme party with friends for his birthday! Aside from worrying that I might give birth on the day of the party, I don't know how I'll muster the energy for another party. I want DS2 to have a special day with his friends and not feel his b-day is overshadowed by the baby, so I'm planning to have the party early a couple weeks before my due date. Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy, and wishing your DD a happy birthday!

Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:
and the third musketeer arriving in early Fall!

WatchingThemGrow
09-02-2011, 01:55 PM
We did it on the earlier side of her b'day, when I was 37 weeks. We got food prepped elsewhere, and I sent every family member (aunt/uncle, ILs, DH) out to do the pickup tasks and some basic party set up stuff. I made the cake (could've ordered it) and did minimal "party stuff." At 3, the guests just want a playdate.

kedss
09-02-2011, 02:14 PM
I would delegate party prep and do what you can handle. When my kids turned 3, it still wasnt a big deal to them about a party-

carolinamama
09-03-2011, 06:56 PM
We did a party for DS1 when I was 36 weeks pregnant with DS2. It is definitely doable but I remember that I was so much slower with the prep work (took me much longer) and I was wiped after the party. I would plan as much ahead of time and delegate as much as possible.

SnuggleBuggles
09-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Can you have it somewhere besides home? That's what I'd do. Go somewhere where all you have to do is show up with cake and let them handle the rest.

I hosted Thanksgiving at 39w. I had a good amount of help though. :)

Beth

MommyAllison
09-04-2011, 02:21 AM
I need to think about this, too. DD's birthday is exactly one week after my due date, and both of my kids have been born late (DS was one week late...) and I'm just not sure when to do her party. To complicate matters, she wants an elaborate friend party, and I know we are also expected to throw a family party, so two parties. I'll either be super pregnant or newly postpartum...neither option sounds appealing. :)

janine
09-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks all - looks like I'm not the only one with this predicament (LO due around an older DC's birthday).

I'm going to see how I feel the next few weeks.. I might scale it back in terms of # of kids, and also I want to see how the weather is. If it's nice, it's a lot easier b/c the kids are outside and less clean up!

My family will help me but IL's are no help and will probably want to join in so that's something I need to think about.I don't want to be trying to keep them happy when I'm huge and tired!