PDA

View Full Version : I'm the ridiculous one? Seriously?

mommyp
09-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I think the ridiculous person in this situation is you, the person who decides to block the parking lane to wait for the spot beside me. Yes, you can see I'm hugely pregnant and trying to buckle in a 3.5 year old, I actually politely pointed this out to you, along with all the empty spaces in the half-full parking lot, when you called out your window to tell me you were trying to park there. :banghead: Seriously, why are there people like this?

niccig
09-02-2011, 05:37 PM
This is when you say "oops, I have to change a dirty diaper" and proceed to change the clean diaper immediately in the car! Or "oops, DC has to go potty, I'm not leaving after all" and you walk back into the store. I know I'm evil :icon_twisted:

bubbaray
09-02-2011, 05:46 PM
This is when you say "oops, I have to change a dirty diaper" and proceed to change the clean diaper immediately in the car! Or "oops, DC has to go potty, I'm not leaving after all" and you walk back into the store. I know I'm evil :icon_twisted:

:yeahthat:

Or just sit in the car and don't leave. I've done that a bunch of times. I hate people like that. :angry-smiley-005:

willow33
09-02-2011, 05:57 PM
That's when I move really slowly :) People are so lazy!!

alien_host
09-02-2011, 06:12 PM
mean (and stupid) people suck!

I also take my time, talk on the phone, whatever to delay my departure if I'm feeling mean.

JBaxter
09-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I thought I was the only one who did that. I climb in the back get the kids a snack check BBB on my phone pull purchases out of the bag check my receipt etc

jenfromnj
09-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Ugh, that's so annoying!

Didn't someone here make a sign appropriate for use at times like these? I want to say it was ha98ed14?

niccig
09-02-2011, 10:04 PM
I know one woman who was nursing her baby in the car. A man saw her in the car and was wanting for her parking space. He got annoyed at waiting, and went up to her window and started to rudely ask if she was going anytime soon. She told him she would when her baby was finished eating. She said he was soooo embarrassed.

Uno-Mom
09-03-2011, 02:33 AM
I know one woman who was nursing her baby in the car. A man saw her in the car and was wanting for her parking space. He got annoyed at waiting, and went up to her window and started to rudely ask if she was going anytime soon. She told him she would when her baby was finished eating. She said he was soooo embarrassed.

WIN! :jammin:

MamaMolly
09-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Stooooooopid is as stoooooooooopid does. Let them waste half their lives waiting for the space. What an eejit.

daniele_ut
09-03-2011, 11:23 PM
I feel for you! I had a huge cart full of stuff at Costco today and someone pulled up to wait for my spot just as I got to the car. Well, at 22 weeks pregnant, I'm not moving quickly for any reason, so it was taking me quite a while to pack the trunk. The person pulled away in a huff after a few minutes and it served him right!

sste
09-04-2011, 05:04 PM

I had this happen to me in the children's museum parking lot. I was nursing in the front passenger seat with my door open because I can't fit with my legs in due to the britaxes in the back seat. A guy looking for a spot I think assumed I was talking on a cell phone and honked at me. I tried to close my door a little so he could pull in and my dh who was waiting outside the car told him I was nursing. What ensued was hilarious - - the guy was trying to pantomime I am sorry, give me the thumbs up sign for nursing, pull into the parking spot which was now clear, AND not make eye contact with my breasts!! He was actually blushing and I have a feeling his family did not let him live this one down for a looooong time. :)

blondflava
09-06-2011, 04:23 AM
Hmm I must be the odd one out there because I dont mind people waiting for my spot. I dont hurry up more than I would normally do buckling up DD, putting away stuff, folding a stroller, handing her a snack or water etc. Never had anyone honk at me. I fugure, if they can afford waiting for my spot instead of going to the one far away, they will wait. Besides, you never know why they r waiting for your (usually close spot), maybe their leg hurts or they have someone elderly in the car. I was never rushed by anyone and dont see the point of just sitting there talking on my phone (or pretending) just to make them wait. And yes, I used to pack DD in the car just to feed her in her carseat when she was younger, I d just wave 'not going yet' to the person waiting.

Melanie
09-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I hear you. I used to wonder what made my particular spot (or more often the one right next to me on the side I'm getting my child in/out of the car) most popular.

BUT I also hope to all of you who hop in the car to do your nails (or whatever) you give a courtesy "I'm not leaving yet" wave to whomever is waiting. That is my enormous pet peeve. You see I'm waiting (and no I wouldn't do it in a half-empty lot), give the wave, that's all I ask, just a little wave. ;)