PDA

View Full Version : So happy I could cry....

liz
09-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I just got my power back :bighand:!!

No more worrying what and how to feed the kids (all electric appliances),
when we could bathe (we have well water) and overall just feeling stressed.
Seriously, I could cry :)

Missed you guys!!

mariza
09-02-2011, 08:11 PM
That's awesome! We were without power for 36 hours and I have a gas stove, so no where near as bad oof as you. Sorry you had to deal with that, but happy you can get back to normal :cheerleader1:

oneplustwo
09-02-2011, 08:12 PM
HURRAH!!!!

We were so lucky, we only spent 16 1/2 hours without power. As of yesterday, over 20% of our town was still without power, but tonight by 10 pm the utility company hopes to have everyone back up and running (for our town; apparently estimates are different depending on town/region).

ThreeofUs
09-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Congratulations!! We missed you!

alien_host
09-02-2011, 08:19 PM
yay for power! I can't even imagine going this long without it.

elephantmeg
09-02-2011, 08:31 PM
yeah! congrats and welcome back!

candaceb
09-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Yay! As another Irene refugee I know how you feel. We abandoned ship for the weekend and we're just hoping power is restored by Monday.

lil_acorn
09-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Congrats! I cannot imagine what you have been going through..especially without water! That one would be tough.

jgenie
09-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Congrats!! We were without power for 48 hours and it was tough but I kept telling DH at least we had mild weather and water. Enjoy your power!!

bubbaray
09-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Woo HOOOOO!!!!!!

TwinFoxes
09-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Good for you, welcome back!

mjs64
09-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Reading just your first line ("I just got my power back"), for some reason, I first thought of something like feminine power, as in How Stella Got Her Groove Back. And I was like, "Yeah! Good for her. She knows she has POWER."

Same sentiment applies even now that I realize you're talking about electricity, which is, arguably, more practical.

What was I thinking? :ROTFLMAO:

liz
09-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Thanks everyone!

Reading just your first line ("I just got my power back"), for some reason, I first thought of something like feminine power, as in How Stella Got Her Groove Back. And I was like, "Yeah! Good for her. She knows she has POWER."

Same sentiment applies even now that I realize you're talking about electricity, which is, arguably, more practical.

What was I thinking? :ROTFLMAO:

Well, you know what? I DO feel a bit more empowered. We all managed to get through this week pretty well, but I definitely felt the responsibility of being an adult and parent. I think DH and I made this week as normal as possible for the kids. It sure took a lot of planning to get through everyday stuff, like making sure they were eating decent meals (couldn't always happen) brushing teeth and bathing, flushing the toilet (!!) and having clean clothes. The kids spent a lot of time playing outdoors and with Legos. They didn't really complain about the lack of power, so I think they didn't really mind. But phew, I am SO glad to have electricity again!