PDA

View Full Version : How many pairs of jeans do you have? (for fun)

BeachBum
09-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Just for fun--how many pairs of BLUE (not white, black or colored) jeans do you have? and how many do you actually wear?

hillview
09-02-2011, 08:50 PM
well I have 2 pair that fit me. One is a nice pair that fits well. One is a pair that is 2 sizes too large but I wear for knocking around.
/hillary

crl
09-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Three and I wear all of them. I also have one black and one grey pair. I am a SAHM and I wear jeans nearly every day.

Catherine

blondflava
09-02-2011, 09:26 PM
SAHM here too. I wear jeans from October-May, mostly skinny jeans with tall boots. I have one bootcut pair that I really should hem as they re too long.. I have one blue skinny pair (one black, one red, green cargos), used to wear jeans most of the time when I was younger - bootcuts only, even in summer!

GvilleGirl
09-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Oh fun.
4:
1 pair Trouser
1 Everyday nice
1 around the house/pant/get dirty
1 needs to be hemmed but got pregnant so had to switch to maternity and haven't had a chance yet. On my to do so I can toss out my old around the house pair (I think they are from college!).

SAHM as well so I wear them all the time.

jgenie
09-02-2011, 09:57 PM
I currently have three pair that fit me. (I just ordered a couple more from the Amazon sale - hoping one or two of those will fit as well ;).)

BabyDahl
09-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Eight :bag

I work 3 days/wk so jeans are my pants of choice more days than not. I regularly wear 4 pairs, the others are more special occasion, not every day jeans (trouser cut, skinny, etc)

SnuggleBuggles
09-02-2011, 10:46 PM
8:
trouser
length I can wear flats with
skinny jeans X 3
frumpy Levis
cute Levis
another pair

And i want more.

Beth

Tondi G
09-02-2011, 11:09 PM
3 pairs of Lucky Brand jeans ... one pair is getting kinda old ... might need to add jeans to my wishlist for Xmas again! :)

scriptkitten
09-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Close to 20. They all fit but only about 5 get worn on any sort of semi-regular basis. Most are high end denim.

I need more because nothing I have is perfect. They all have something about me that annoys them.

I have issues. Lol.

Tenasparkl
09-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Close to 20. They all fit but only about 5 get worn on any sort of semi-regular basis. Most are high end denim.

I need more because nothing I have is perfect. They all have something about me that annoys them.

I have issues. Lol.

:yeahthat:

wallawala
09-02-2011, 11:36 PM
3 pairs of Joes that I usually wear regularly. Everything else went to consignment/goodwill. One of the pairs is a little bit too "light" of a wash to be in right now, but fit so great I'm holding out for the shift in 'wash' to bring them back in.

Now that I'm pregnant I am down to 2 pair of great maternity jeans. Pricey, but worth every penny, even if it's just for a few months pre- and post!

DrSally
09-02-2011, 11:50 PM
A lot, prob close to 15-20. I spent a really long time wo/jeans that fit, that once I started finding jeans that fit, I snatched up every pair for awhile. A few are from NR--Jag that I love. But, the rest are from consignment shops or deep, deep discount at Gap. For awhile, I was running into jeans that fit for $5-$15 and just buying them. I have flares, slim/straight, bootcut, trouser, capri, and skinny (for boots). I have blue, gray, and white. I also have several pair that are longer that can be work w/heels. Some don't fit that well, and I should just weed those out. Also, as I went down in sizes, I found that a 6p is not as long as a 12p, so I could wear petites anymore! I'm in a weird, in between length. Like I said, I should really go through and weed out the ones that don't fit.

TamiRuns
09-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Only 5....one pair of EB trouser jeans and 4 pair of various styles of bootcut Levis....when I find something that fits my waist and thighs, I buy several!

BeachBum
09-03-2011, 07:34 AM
(OP here)
I'm shocked! I really thought you guys would have more!

I've got 9 in the rotation, skinny, straight, cropped, bootcut, flair and various lengths to go with different shoes (and 1 in my yard work/ fishing drawer).

When I cleaned out my closet a few weeks ago I took 12 pair to consign! YIKES.

blondflava
09-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Surprised too! I did use to have more pairs (5-6) that I wore regularly, pre-baby. But they miraclelously stopped fitting after DD was born lol. I spent a few months in maternity jeans, then it was summer so no jeans, then I was wearing leggings/ yoga pants as I was quarantined with DD at home. I had a couple transition jeans to hold me over until I can get in the pre-baby ones again but it wont happen, my body proportions changed.. The transition ones are too big now, but I still have them (maybe I ll need them one day? ;)). Last winter I was into boots and skinnies/ leggings look, I think its time to put a nice pair of denim on Christmas list! :)

ourbabygirl
09-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Only 1 measly pair! :shake: And only 1 pair of black jeans that are probably a size too big now, but I haven't had a chance to go shopping for more, so I'm stuck for a while.
I'm also a SAHM and don't fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans (DS is 11 months), as my hips got wider (weird that it didn't seem to happen with DD 3 years ago, but it did with DS)... and the only reason I have these two pairs is because I had a personal shopper from Macy's help me pick out some clothes last fall after I had DS and had no time to go shopping for myself. They worked well enough at the time, though I had to have them hemmed majorly... I think the blue pair is Nine West and the black pair is DKNY, since I told the lady that that's what fit me well before DS.

I desperately need more pants (or at least more jeans) since the weather's finally getting cooler and I basically live in jeans all week long. The hard part is finding the time to go looking for some good new ones... it seems about as intimidating as finding a cute new swimsuit, but maybe more daunting because I only wear a swimsuit every once in a while in public and jeans I wear every day so I want them to look good (but not cost a fortune)!

Can anyone recommend a good, higher end brand to try for someone who's 5' 3," 120 pounds, and with a 'curvy' back end? ;) Is it possible to spend $100 or less?
Thanks!

Beth24
09-05-2011, 12:00 AM
I guess my answer is way too many. And I'm too embarrassed to give a number!

TxCat
09-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I recently cleaned out my closet, so 5 right now... but I'm looking for a 6th... :rolleyes:

Dcclerk
09-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I guess my answer is way too many. And I'm too embarrassed to give a number!

Me too. But, I guess I will fess up to over 20. I have some favorites and am surprised to report that I love my William Rast for Target ones over my True Religions. (I have 3 pairs from that line-- all different-- and I get more compliments on them than any other.) I also love my Joe's and Paiges. I have never liked myself in the Citizens or 7s, because my booty is too big.

*myfoursons
09-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I just cleaned out a few items, and ended up donating 12 pairs. I realized I had so many pairs that I didnt love, and just were out of style. Now I'm down to about 10 pairs of jeans, but I need to buy a few new ones for fall. Can't wait to buy some new ones!

ilfaith
09-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I have 12 pairs of blue jeans in various washes (mostly darker) and cuts (skinny, straight and boot cut). I also have two pairs of white jeans and two pairs of black jeans. Most of my jeans are from Gap, Banana or Old Navy.