PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Nutrisystem?

jgenie
09-02-2011, 09:59 PM
How expensive are the meals? Do you eat their food for all three meals? How do they taste? Did you lose weight while on the program? Did you keep it off when you went back to regular food? TIA

lhafer
09-02-2011, 10:06 PM
I can't comment on how well it works. I will say I researched it, and you do have to supplement veggies/fruits, etc so you end up buying the program + other food. I decided that I could do the same thing with Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines and it would be cheaper.

arivecchi
09-02-2011, 10:26 PM
I am doing nutrisystem right now. I like it. Super easy and cheaper than buying food at work. I only do a la carte so I pick the things I like. Pm me for more details.

kara97210
09-03-2011, 01:08 AM
I just started Nutrisystem this week. I want to lose about 20 lbs and so far it's very easy (which is what I was looking for). It did take 3 days or so for the food to be delivered, and it takes up most of a small cabinet in the kitchen. Initially I thought it was weird that the food is "shelf stable" and not refridgerated or frozen.

Not sure about the effectiveness (only 4 days in), but the meals are tiny so I imagine I will lose weight. It's not the best food I've ever eaten, but it's not horrible. I picked the option where you select your own meals and just picked things that were highly rated. I'd venture to say some of the desserts are actually pretty tasty. I also make a big salad or some steamed vegetables to have with the dinner. I'm actually not that hungry, except for around 4:00, when I have a piece of fruit or another "in plan" snack.

There are several deals going so it worked out to being ~$200 for a month. I thought this was reasonable, although you do buy your own fruits and vegetables to supplement. Also, I am pretty impressed with their Web site. They make it easy to track your meals, calories, exercise, etc.

Good luck!

kerridean
09-03-2011, 07:31 PM
My parents both did it about 3 years ago. My mom lost 15 lbs and my dad lost about 20. My dad has kept it off and my mom has gained it back.

My mom had a tough time with the MSG in the food. She has a history of migraine.