PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Help For Me!

lalasmama
09-03-2011, 12:27 PM
I'll openly admit that I usually don't dress up for Halloween, and we certainly don't go trick or treating, for religious reasons.

However, for work, the clinic staff has settled on being superheros. The whole clinic. Doctors, residents, students, nurses, medical assistants, bosses, lab techs, and receptionists. Even the girls in the call center who won't be seen by patients have agreed to dress up. Which means I need to dress up too. And I'm okay with it this time.

At work, I assist faculty doctors. I train residents. I use needles. Lots of needles. I help mamas breastfeed (no needles! LOL). Otherwise, I'm a "jack of all trades".

My first idea, working off the lactation side of things, was to be Lactation Woman. I would make a cape from pink polka dot sheets. I would add a small, darker pink/light brown circle to the big pink polka dots (get it?). I would wear a t-shirt that said "I make milk. What's your superpower?" ... but then I started worrying that I would offend someone with my boob/nipple sheet.

My second idea was Vaccine Woman. Ya know, saving the world from terrible diseases with just a squirt of the magic vaccination medicine. But vaccines, largely, come in syringes, which means needles. While the grown-ups would certainly see the humor in it, I'm afraid kids would run screaming the other way from someone coming into their room with a picture of a giant needle on their cape.

My third was a "great" eye-dea. I could be Glasses Girl! I would wear huge glasses, a cape with the eye chart on it, maybe try to get the Ishihara circles on it (those circles with the dots on it that make numbers). But there's nothing more that I hate doing than vision screenings. So I'm not too keen on this eye-dea! (However, it's fun being a dork and typing eye-dea multiple times!)

My fourth idea was being Nurse Treat Girl. My cape would be covered in suckers and pencils and stickers. But, sugarfree or not, it seems funny for someone at a doctor's office to be walking around with a cape of suckers. And I would have kids following me trying to take my cape apart. That would be bad.

So, I need more ideas. Or better ideas. Help! I wanna be a Superhero, but so far, I'm just Whiny Girl!

katydid1971
09-03-2011, 12:35 PM
I like the "I make milk. What's your super power" t shirt idea but I'm not so sure about the cape idea, I could see people being offended by it. Maybe you could make a cape with a giant "L" on it for lactation or something like that.