PDA

View Full Version : PT Questions (Cross-Posted in Butts)

ArizonaGirl
09-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Cross-posted in Butts and Diapers, but got no responses, so I thought I would try the Lounge since it gets more traffic...

Well we finally took the plunge and started potty training and DS has been pretty good so far and is very excited. I have three major questions thus far...

1. Anyone have any suggestions as far as pooping in the potty, because he just doesn't seem to be getting it. He tells me after he has pooped in his underwear and then proceeds to freak out because he is poopy. I think that if he could do it once in the potty it would "click" and he would get it. (We have implemented the jelly bean bribe for pee, which works, and told him he could have a Mini Snickers's bar for pooping in the potty)

2. We have been doing a modified version of the timer method where we have been having him sit pretty much every hour and he has only had 3 accidents in the last 3 days (accept for poop). My question is at what point do you lengthen this out and do they start to go by themselves without prompting by us. (Constant reminding)

3. So far he has been using a little stand-alone froggie potty, what is the best way to transition him to the regular potty and when should we start this transition.

Thank you all for your help