PDA

View Full Version : suzuki violin moms

nfowife
09-04-2011, 04:07 PM
How involved do you have to be at the lessons? DD is starting in 2 weeks and I don't think I'll be able to find childcare for my other kids. I can certainly keep DS busy with my iphone and a snack. But I will be holding DD and hopefully she'll have a snack or play with a toy or something. I'm not sure. I will try to find someone but if not will I still be able to do my part if I can't be 100% attending to the lesson? Should I bring my little flip camera and record it so I don't miss anything? It's just once a week for 30 minutes.
Thanks for your advice!

daniele_ut
09-04-2011, 07:15 PM
When we were doing a group lesson last spring, the other mom had a small baby that she needed to keep entertained and it worked out pretty well. You do need to pay attention to what is being taught and our teacher also has me or dh actually play for part of the lesson. It wouldn't hurt to record some of the lesson and take notes, since you will need to practice with DD daily.

AmyZ
09-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I always had a little notebook that I would jot notes, little songs, or finger plays. A flip would be helpful to video any of those things so you can reinforce during the week.

sandwish
09-05-2011, 12:32 AM
We have been doing suzuki violin lessons since January and my kids are similar in age. Especially in the beginning, you do need to pay attention. Our teacher writes down what is she working on and what she needs to practice.

Our teacher is very understanding. She said my DD would have to practice at home with the distraction of younger siblings, so she will just get used to it. I bring a laptop with DVD and snacks. But there are times when the younger ones do run around in the room. I have learned to time the snacks and not start feeding right away.

Best of luck. We have had a very good experience with our suzuki lessons.