PDA

View Full Version : Seen these? Heart 4 Heart dolls at Target

Seitvonzu
09-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I was wandering through the toy section at target the other day and spotted some really pretty dolls I'd never seen before:

http://www.hearts4heartsgirls.com/

They caught my eye because one was Indian and the extra outfit was a sari/chai tea set. I picked this one up (there was only one and i was worried they wouldn't be restocked) & the outfit. I'll probably give it to my neice for christmas ...if *i* can part with it ;)

i really like the ethiopian doll too...and belarusse's extra outfit (a nightgown). i haven't opened and inspected (present), but the quality seems really good. the price is a little high for a target doll, but they seem pretty special to me, and some of the money goes to humanitarian efforts.

possible these will go on clearance eventually...but i didn't want to risk it for something i knew i wanted as a gift :)

it can be tricky to find nice ethnic dolls so i thought i'd post about these

Canna
09-05-2011, 11:24 AM
I saw those at BJs - around $25 I think? And thought they were cute. Too bad my girls don't like dolls much!

Seitvonzu
09-05-2011, 11:29 AM
i think they were 27.99 for the doll, and it was about 18 for the outfit (the nightgowns are cheaper-- 13 i think?)

i thought for the novelty/quality the price was fair. better on clearance of course ;)

katydid1971
09-05-2011, 05:29 PM
They have very pretty faces. Thinking I might want to get one for DD for Christmas. I just showed them to her and she liked Nahji.

Uno-Mom
09-05-2011, 11:46 PM
They are pretty... but doesn't it seem like they all have the exact same face? Just with different skin tones and eye color. I was comparing nose, eye shape and proportions and they seem identical to each other.

I'm not sure how much that would matter to me if I had a child of the appropriate age. But you'd think that since their point is girls from all over the world, they would differentiate racial features like nose and eye shape. Interesting.