PDA

View Full Version : FB posts...

Uno-Mom
09-06-2011, 12:17 AM
PLEEEEEASE stop posting links to music videos, people!!! (My people, not you BBB people.) It is annoying and it fills my feed with your enormous icons. Just stop it. Nobody wants to listen to whatever lame music is on your mind tonight! Nobody.

Do you imagine that hundreds of FB friends are clicking your link and are now experiencing a sentimental moment of virtual togetherness, thanks to some song that reminds you of your highschool prom? Trust me, we're not.

(I'm venting this here because the offenders are actually quite sweet people and I don't want to hurt their feelings by posting this on FB.)

Uno-Mom
09-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Sheesh, while I typed that she posted ANOTHER 3 videos. And she lives on the East Coast - it's midnight thirty where she lives. Go to bed, woman! (Love ya, though :))

eagle
09-06-2011, 01:53 AM
no matter how many posts friends of mine post, their icons are pretty small. plus if they post many in a row (like 4 youtube links in 10 minutes), fb condenses them into "heres a link plus 3 more" posting.

not trying to contradict or be nasty but it sounds like your experience on fb is annoying and somehow i dont think it has to be that annoying (and you dont need to hide anyone either).

tamie
09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
I have a friend that used to be a radio DJ. He gets in moods sometimes and posts 10-12 songs in a row. Sometimes they show up as individual posts other times, they show up like pp says. Either way, its stinking annoying!

BDKmom
09-06-2011, 10:21 AM
no matter how many posts friends of mine post, their icons are pretty small. plus if they post many in a row (like 4 youtube links in 10 minutes), fb condenses them into "heres a link plus 3 more" posting.

This is the case for me on the internet version, but in the iPhone app it doesn't condense and you don't get as much room for your news feed with the small screen, so you end up scrolling forever, and missing posts that are sandwiched in between all of these links to songs or youtube videos. OP, I feel your pain.

eagle
09-06-2011, 01:53 PM
ah thats right. on an iphone (or anything smaller than a laptop or a desktop, really), the icons would be rather huge!

i think i understand better now.

sorry! wish other pple would just use fb to update their doings and not so much letting the whole world know about the songs rattling around in their heads!

kdeunc
09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
I agree. I had to hide my cousin's wife because she was posting tons of videos every. single. night. Really, who needs that much Pearl Jam? :)

Claki
09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Yep! Annoying!

Uno-Mom
09-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Yeah, it's my Droid feed that's most irksome. And what I truly wonder is why people think we're interested in all that!

Of course, DH and I are always posting random things our kid says, and some of my friends probably wonder why we think they'd find that interesting. :) Parent friends get it, though, judging from the amount of comments they get...