PDA

View Full Version : First day of school and van has a dead battery

Cam&Clay
09-06-2011, 07:59 AM
I was so proud of how flawless our morning was going. DS1 got up without a problem and was off to the bus stop early. DS2 woke up happy (and dry) and we headed out the door to the sitters only to find the van has a dead battery. It's my fault. I turned it on just to get a DVD out on Sunday and left the keys in it.

First time I've used USAA's roadside assistance. Let's hope they don't take too long...

liz
09-06-2011, 09:15 AM
I hope it all worked out for you! What a way to start the morning.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-06-2011, 09:41 AM
ugh, sorry, BTDT..kids all ready and strapped in and van won't start, UGH! to me it happened at inopportune time too (DH was out of town for work).

i don't have AAA, but i have a Black & Decker car battery jump-starter that i bought of amazon. that way whjen this happens i can just jump start it myself and be on my way (don't have to wait for AAA or for a neighbor to get their car and help jump start it). had to do that when DH was out of town and battery went dead.when that happens i use it and then leave it in the van in case it happens again somewhere and i won't be stranded with the kids.

http://easyspeak.hubpages.com/hub/start-it-jump-starter-black-decker

Cam&Clay
09-06-2011, 09:47 AM
ugh, sorry, BTDT..kids all ready and strapped in and van won't start, UGH! to me it happened at inopportune time too (DH was out of town for work).

i don't have AAA, but i have a Black & Decker car battery jump-starter that i bought of amazon. that way whjen this happens i can just jump start it myself and be on my way (don't have to wait for AAA or for a neighbor to get their car and help jump start it). had to do that when DH was out of town and battery went dead.when that happens i use it and then leave it in the van in case it happens again somewhere and i won't be stranded with the kids.

http://easyspeak.hubpages.com/hub/start-it-jump-starter-black-decker

DH is out of town, too. He'll be back tomorrow and then deploys in week, so it's a good thing I now know how to contact USAA. Kudos to them, by the way, for having a person here in about 35 minutes. Problem solved, but I just might look into one of those charger thingys to have on hand. Thanks!

yournamehere
09-06-2011, 09:52 AM
I 2nd the charger thing. They are one of those things you don't ever think you will need but when you do you realize it is money well spent.

infomama
09-06-2011, 09:56 AM
sending some mojo...come on USAA!!

DrSally
09-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Oh no! I hope they come soon.