PDA

View Full Version : Karate Birthday Party

Jen841
09-06-2011, 10:52 AM
We are having a Karate party at my son's Dojo on Sunday. The studio does the party decorations and activities, I am responsible for the cake and favors.

Cake
1/2 way down here, I did not get the pan, I found Family Fun has instructions to make a shirt cake so I am going with that http://www.squidoo.com/karate-birthday-party-theme

Favors
Tie tye shirts
Gi ornaments (many go there for classes, so I will make theirs have the correct color belt on it, all others will get a white belt (black would look better, but that is earned and DS is proud of his light blue belt)
Will be in a gift bag with a Gi top on it cut out from cardstock

What am I missing? I will have pretzels and drinks for adults for in the waiting area during the party.

new_mommy25
09-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Sounds like you have everything under control. :) The only thing I can think of is plates, napkins, hand wipes. I love the idea of the Gi ornaments. Can you share where they are from?

toby
09-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I think that it sounds great! Don't forget candles and matches and maybe water as one of the beverage choices...

Jen841
09-06-2011, 03:34 PM
The studio does the paper goods. Not sure about the candles, thanks for the reminder. They always have water there and will also over juice of some sort.

For the Gi ornaments - I made them with salt dough. I found a jersey/t-shirt cookie cutter that I used, then cut the neck to be more like a Gi. I will paint them white, shellac (sp) them, then tie a ribbon around them. I will make them the color of the child's belt. For the few that don't do karate I will make them white.

For the Gi to put on the gift bags I am doing a similar thing. I found a t-shirt template on-line that I will use than will trace the outside with a black marker and the lines of the Gi.

Jen841
07-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Help! He wants his party here again and I need to mix it up since many of the same kids will be coming. Thinking of making Gi cookies as favors as well as personalized fortune cookies and putting them in a Chinese takeout container.

Anything Kickin It we could do?