PDA

View Full Version : Learning Tower Art Easel? Or other easel option for twins?

twowhat?
09-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Is this a worthwhile accessory? Our LT has been getting less and less use in the kitchen as the girls just don't want to share the space. They would much rather stand on kitchen chairs to do art at the kitchen island (on opposite sides of the island) than share the LT on only one side of the island.

We are thinking of getting them art easels for their bday.

Here's my question: worth it to keep the LT and buy 2 easel attachements (one on each side) so they can each do their own art and each choose whether they want to use the chalkboard or dry erase side? Would this even place the easels at a good height for 3yos (and for as they grow)? We also have the playhouse kit that we haven't taken out yet. We do have the space to keep the LT in the playroom and repurpose it for art/play.

Or: sell the LT/playhouse kit and get them an art easel(s)? Do art easels exist where BOTH sides can be flipped to do either chalkboard or whiteboard? Or can you only get easels that are chalk on one side and whiteboard on the other? DH wants to make sure we get TWO easels, or at least something where both girls independently can choose chalkboard/whiteboard without having to share. Our girls seem really prone to fighting over the same object and I admit it makes me want to pull my hair out too. No matter how much we emphasize taking turns, they still fight. Sometimes I wonder if it's because they have to share all day, every day at school and then never get a break from not having to share at home.

What would be the more cost-effective option? The LT easels are pretty pricey.

scriptkitten
09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
we have the M&D for our twins.

they stand next to each other and paint together, draw together, etc.

sure they fight and sometimes paint each other, but i refuse to get them two of everything.

twowhat?
09-06-2011, 11:52 AM
sure they fight and sometimes paint each other, but i refuse to get them two of everything.

LOL I hear ya. I'm sick of the "two of everything" thing too but DH and Grandma insist on this ALL the time. Grandma thinks they're being deprived if they don't each have one (she buys them DUPLICATE COPIES of books it drives me crazy). And DH thinks we've been burned too many times from buying one of something. I personally think we need to stop buying 2 of everything.

Melaine
09-06-2011, 12:02 PM
You know I am with you, OP! In response to pp, in my experience same sex twins tend to fight and compete more than B/G twins. YMMV of course, but what I have observed with my kids and our twin friends. I either get 2 of something or none at all for almost everything. It's worth it to me.

We have the LT easels. They are fun, and I love that they are both on opposite sides, there is no chance to tip, they can each do whiteboard/ chalk board or paint or whatever. They are kind of bulky to store when they aren't on the LT and you can't have them both hanging on the LT if you are still using it. For instance, my friend has one child, one easel and the easel is permanently hanging on the LT which would be nice.

The LT makes a short easel, my girls usually tend to want to sit down to use it. So that is something to consider. If you don't love the LT, then I would probably sell it and buy two separate easels. The LT easels are pricey and the whole package is a big investment if you don't love it.