PDA

View Full Version : Baby funny - "thanks for letting me know, sweetie!"

citymama
09-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Baby funny, a little TMI.

DD2 is almost 16 months and seems to be remarkably tuned in to her bodily functions. Scene from this weekend:
DD2, happily walking around, singing to herself. She turns to me and make the classic grimace... then walks on singing to herself "I'm poopin', I'm poopin', I'm poopin', I'm poopin'.'

Oh brother. :rotflmao:

She also exclaims "Wow!" each time she toots.

Do I see potty jokes in my future? Oh yeah.

citymama
09-06-2011, 06:33 PM
OK, I guess that was TMI!

mariza
09-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Just saw this now, hilarious! :hysterical:

Kymberley
09-06-2011, 06:59 PM
:rotflmao:

DS walks around exclaiming "I pooted!" a thousand times after he poops. We've tried to get him to tell us he pooped instead, but apparently that's not as funny! :D

SnuggleBuggles
09-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Awesome! I love the entertainment these little ones offer!!

Beth

Pinky
09-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Funny. Our DD (near the same age) says "toot" if anyone around her does it. :rotflmao:

happymom
09-06-2011, 07:42 PM
OK, I guess that was TMI!

Oh c'mon, you don't really think a little poop is TMI around here do you? :rotflmao:

That's a really funny story btw! I would've been cracking up.

Wanna hear an actual TMI story? We were at my inlaws for a family dinner the other night (lots of people around the table...) and DH went to use the bathroom. Apparently DD was standing outside the bathroom door...she walked into the dining room and announced that Daddy just made a toot in the bathroom! Thankfully MIL and I were the only ones who heard, so we shared a little laugh.

kedss
09-06-2011, 08:02 PM
LOL ;) wish my 3 year old was as vocal ;)

Pinky
09-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Wanna hear an actual TMI story? We were at my inlaws for a family dinner the other night (lots of people around the table...) and DH went to use the bathroom. Apparently DD was standing outside the bathroom door...she walked into the dining room and announced that Daddy just made a toot in the bathroom! Thankfully MIL and I were the only ones who heard, so we shared a little laugh.

LOL. I forsee this in our near future! Not that we ever "toot" in our house or anything :rotflmao: but my DD likes to announce it anytime she hears one.

momm
09-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Not TMI at all... Totally hilarious!!

citymama
09-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Thanks for commiserating/giggling with me - and happymom, that is hilarious!

Honestly, DH and I were mostly amused that she used more or less correct grammar - conjugated a verb for the first time She's been saying "poopoo" before or after pooping for a few months, but the words "I'm poopin'" were so comical coming from an unsteady, mostly toothless, quite tiny 15 month old! She is a little ham.

mum-to-be
09-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Not TMI, but you could encourage her to use her bodily awareness and give her a little potty! My 16 month old DD is not as verbal, but she is now potty trained in the day. We've been doing EC since she was 3 months but I just got the guts to let her go all undies in the day a few weeks ago.

She does not talk anywhere near as well as your DD. She now says "p" for poo very occasionally while sitting on the toilet trying to do a poo. She signals she needs to go by patting the front of her pants twice.

Other than that her words are woof, dadda, DS's name, blueberry, more, um for yum, and she said watermelon clear as day once. And she repeatedly opens her mouth and shuts it if she sees a picture of a fish. She used to say "mumma" but hasn't for a long time. She seems to know a lot more than she can verbalize. We read a lot of books while she is on the toilet so maybe she is taking it all in for the future.

citymama
09-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Mum-to-be: that's awesome! We have pulled out the baby Bjorn potty and have it in the kids' bathroom, but we are too chicken to let her go bare-bottomed at home the way we did with DD1. As DH and I realized with DD1, potty training won't happen till the *parents* are ready! She is definitely aware both before and after and will pee absolutely every chance she can get to be diaper-free. We really should take the plunge.

Just curious: is she having a lot of accidents, and what about when you're out and about?

What is it about blueberry - it's one of DD2s favorite words too! Today she was demanding DH give her some coffe beans, insisting they were "burberrys."

Uno-Mom
09-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Not TMI, but you could encourage her to use her bodily awareness and give her a little potty! My 16 month old DD is not as verbal, but she is now potty trained in the day. We've been doing EC since she was 3 months but I just got the guts to let her go all undies in the day a few weeks ago.

Wow- that's freakin amazing! Isn't it interesting how they all charge ahead with their own personal development schedule? I couldn't fathom my daughter being PT'd yet and she'll be 2 in November.

Today we get multiple: "I farted...('scuze me)... I FARTED ... I FAAAAARTED!!!"

It's hysterical but I wonder if we've succeeded in teaching her remarkably good manners or bad at this point?

Get out those video cameras, guys!

citymama
09-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Wow- that's freakin amazing! Isn't it interesting how they all charge ahead with their own personal development schedule? I couldn't fathom my daughter being PT'd yet and she'll be 2 in November.

22-26 months is supposed to be a perfect window for PTing (or so we read at the time) - we trained DD1 between 23-25 months. Sprog will surprise you - question is, when will you be ready??

I know DH and I aren't quite there with DD 2, although I think we should catch up quickly!

mum-to-be
09-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Mum-to-be: that's awesome! We have pulled out the baby Bjorn potty and have it in the kids' bathroom, but we are too chicken to let her go bare-bottomed at home the way we did with DD1. As DH and I realized with DD1, potty training won't happen till the *parents* are ready! She is definitely aware both before and after and will pee absolutely every chance she can get to be diaper-free. We really should take the plunge.

Just curious: is she having a lot of accidents, and what about when you're out and about?
No, she is less likely to have an accident when we are out. I've been toting around diapers for months and been bringing her home in the same diaper she wore out. She even told me in Target about a month ago, and was able to hold it long enough for us to make our way to the front of the store, hide our cart full of super clearance toys, unload her and big bro. She also will pee every time I hold her over a toilet when we are out but likes to go 2+ hours at home. I think she knows to take the potty-tunity when it is offered when we are out because she doesn't know when the next one will happen whereas at home she can refuse and then ask to pee five minutes later. We've been to the Discovery Museum a few times lately, PBK story times, play groups, and she has been fine. I get a little worried when it is close to 2 hours since her last pee, and tend to offer the toilet more often when we are out. I take her on arriving (unless she just went before we left and it was a short journey) and before leaving.

If your DD is aware before and after, I would go for it. I'd put the potty on a wood floor or tile away from the bathroom at first if she is unsure about it. And you could even just try at the key times - on waking, before sleep, after nursing. Before baths, my DD is not so keen on the toilet as she is too interested in having a bath. After a bath might help some kids too, but my DD always nurses after a bath and will then sit on the potty. I'm happy to be a sounding board if you need one - EC has been such an amazing journey for us!

DD saw coffee beans in Williams-Sonoma today and was desperate to eat them! Maybe she thought they were blueberries too!

mum-to-be
09-07-2011, 01:20 AM

Today we get multiple: "I farted...('scuze me)... I FARTED ... I FAAAAARTED!!!"

It's hysterical but I wonder if we've succeeded in teaching her remarkably good manners or bad at this point?

Get out those video cameras, guys!

That is hysterical! You never know though. My DS potty trained himself overnight at 21 months. We read a lot of potty/toilet books to him for a few months before and he was very curious about the toilet for a while and then one night decided he was using the potty and didn't look back. I still had a carton or two of diapers left. With DD we used cloth and that may have helped, but really the EC is what has helped because she has never been trained to go in a diaper.

citymama
09-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Wow, mum-to-be, is there a book or website you would recommend? With our "Indian Summer" weather(hopefully here for a bit), I wonder if we should try it!

mum-to-be
09-07-2011, 01:38 AM

I don't think I answered this properly. She has had two pee accidents at home in the last 2 weeks, and both were when DH and I were both there and we were asking each other how long it had been since she had gone to the toilet. Both times were around 2 hours since her previous pee, and were when she was sitting at the little table drawing. I think she listened to us and it may have made her aware of her need to go, but that this is an activity that she doesn't want to stop so she can go potty. The lesson for us is to ask her is she wants to go to the toilet before she starts doing a drawing if it has been a while since her last trip.

She has done 1-2 poos in her diaper since Christmas, and those have been after a nap if she was in her crib for a little while after waking and really couldn't hold it any more! And those have been small and she has then done a huge poo in the toilet.

mum-to-be
09-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Wow, mum-to-be, is there a book or website you would recommend? With our "Indian Summer" weather(hopefully here for a bit), I wonder if we should try it!

Give me a call any time! I will pm you my number. I learned everything from my DD and got some advice from http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128. I'm mummy2monkey on there and you can read my early posts when DD was first going and I was afraid I was going to do it wrong! The ladies on there were a great support. Now I've started posting every now and then to support someone else who is new to it. Sakari, an EC advocate on diaperswappers who helped me immensely, now has a site which has great info: http://ecisfun.com/

There is not that much out there on the topic. I read a book about it and it was mostly just telling me why to do it and the only bit of practical info I got from it was: the key is to cue her when she goes so she associates pee and poo with a sound. Your DD is old enough now that you could just say pee and poo. I'd also recommend you get a baby bjorn little potty or an IKEA one, or even better get a baby bjorn seat insert.

citymama
09-07-2011, 02:27 AM
I'd also recommend you get a baby bjorn little potty or an IKEA one, or even better get a baby bjorn seat insert.
Thanks for the links and info - we have all 3 of those seats, thanks to DD1! We are using the baby bjorn potty right now - well, mostly playing, but she is interested for sure.

mum-to-be
09-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the links and info - we have all 3 of those seats, thanks to DD1! We are using the baby bjorn potty right now - well, mostly playing, but she is interested for sure.

It does make a good hat!

citymama
09-07-2011, 03:03 AM
It does make a good hat!

or a milk bowl for the cat! (can you guess what we've been reading? :D)

sorry for the digression, folks, but this is a constructive progression from all the toddler the potty humor! back to the funnies - let's hear yours!

momm
09-07-2011, 06:59 AM

I suggest this book "Diaper Free Baby (http://www.amazon.com/Diaper-Free-Baby-Natural-Training-Alternative/dp/0061229709/)" Read it completely first. Start slow, and remember that initially it takes a little bit of patience, but after that it's just amazing to watch them go in the pot. I started when he was 7-8 months old.

Good luck!

Sorry to hijack the thread OP :)

mum-to-be
09-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I suggest this book "Diaper Free Baby (http://www.amazon.com/Diaper-Free-Baby-Natural-Training-Alternative/dp/0061229709/)" Read it completely first. Start slow, and remember that initially it takes a little bit of patience, but after that it's just amazing to watch them go in the pot. I started when he was 7-8 months old.

Good luck!

Sorry to hijack the thread OP :)

Sorry to hijack again, but what were the take away points you got from this book? I read http://www.amazon.com/Early-Start-Potty-Training-Linda-Sonna/dp/007145800X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1315424212&sr=1-1 and only really took away the concept of cueing, which I already knew about from a quick wikipedia read. I also was reading it while breastfeeding DD who was 2-3 months old so was possibly a bit too fatigued to take much in. I was glad I only borrowed it from the library though.

artvandalay
09-07-2011, 03:54 PM
:ROTFLMAO: Cute!

My 15 month old learned a new word today, "Wow". I love when they learn a new word :)