PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Question

Jenny_A
09-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Is there a way to turn off e-mails sent out to people when they comment on one of your posts?

A friend posted a cute picture today and she received about 20 comments. I commented and normally would be flooded with e-mails but never got any off of her picture. I asked her what she did and she didn't know.

It was really nice to not receive all those e-mails. I'd like to do that when I post myself. Any ideas how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

willow33
09-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Click on Account (upper right corner)
Then Account settings
click on Notifications
Scroll down and click on Wall Comments

Trigglet
09-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Yep, easy. You just click on the Account tab in the top right corner, then choose Account Settings from the drop down menu. Then choose Notifications from the menu bar on the left and it will give you a list of applications and programs that notify you whenever something happens on FB (e.g. when someone comments on a photo/post). You can then just edit how/when you want each kind of notification using the Edit button next to each application.

Hope that is vaguely clear!

Trigglet
09-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Whoops, duplicated info!

Jenny_A
09-06-2011, 10:48 PM
So, I'm not sure how to ask this... by changing my own notification settings, do I control what e-mails others get regarding my posts?

Does that make sense? When my friend posted her photo today, that was the only time I can remember not getting notifications about everyone else's comments. She must have something unchecked on her settings, correct?

Uno-Mom
09-07-2011, 12:03 AM
So, I'm not sure how to ask this... by changing my own notification settings, do I control what e-mails others get regarding my posts?

Does that make sense? When my friend posted her photo today, that was the only time I can remember not getting notifications about everyone else's comments. She must have something unchecked on her settings, correct?

Yeah, I thought that was what you were asking... not how to change notifications sent to YOU but how to change notifications sent to others on your wall. Right?

I don't believe you can. All those people who comment decide on their own what stuff they want notifications for and some of them maybe want every email. As far as I know, we can only control our personal notifications. Is there a chance that your own notifications got changed somehow so you didn't get emailed from your friend's pic?

The WORST is when you comment on someones pregnancy, birth or engagement announcement. You get millions of notifications for one post! I've stopped commenting on their announcements and just send them a message instead.

infocrazy
09-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I've stopped commenting on their announcements and just send them a message instead.

This is what I do too. Just write on their wall. I don't go on facebook enough to not have it email me the notifications, but I don't want to get all the congratulations messages for someone else.