PDA

View Full Version : How would you handle this fashion quandry?

SnuggleBuggles
09-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Ds2 is doing afternoon preschool. I have no gym membership but will be running while he is at school. In the morning I intend to be out and about most days and not come by home before school starts. The preschool is much closer to museums, zoo and other stuff we would do before school starts and it would be impractical to come home. So, knowing I have no gym or convenient place to change, do I just invest in some super cute workout wear and run around town in it in the morning? Do I try to figure out a way to change clothes? Till now I have always just gotten dressed for a workout in the AM and changed when we got home from morning preschool. I'll be up front that I am not even a tiny bit bothered with wearing workout wear around town. Pretty much every single mom you run into in the morning is wearing it. I know some people are really opposed to it but I am not. :)

Beth

DrSally
09-06-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't think it's a big deal to show up in work out wear for preschool pu, but that may just be me. Life is hectic and you've gotta fit it in where you can. If I couldn't shower, I really wouldn't want to change into fresh clothes.

WatchingThemGrow
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
You want permission to wear cute workout clothes to play in the morning? I'll give you that permission! lululemon stuff is ultra comfy and adorable. My stuff still looks brand new.

DrSally
09-06-2011, 11:35 PM
They also have some good stuff at Costco. Tuffs athletica, and recently I got a Champion LS T and matching pants (they come in short too) in a pretty blue (the turquoise was nice too). The pants are black, but have the blue band.

crl
09-07-2011, 12:29 AM
I'd definitely invest in cute workout gear and call it good.

Catherine

mezzona
09-07-2011, 12:32 AM
my vote is for cute workout clothes that make you feel great. :)

sunshine873
09-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Totally - I'm all about cute workout wear. Never be ashamed for working things out so you can take care of yourself!

jacksmomtobe
09-07-2011, 06:45 PM
There is so much cute workout wear out there that I think you are fine going out & about in your workout wear. I love running skirts/skorts. I think they make you look sporty but still put together. Read a recent article in Runners World on all the new stylish gear. I love Athleta but also saw some cute running dresses, etc on these sites:

http://www.teamestrogen.com/product/apparel/bottoms/dresses/c0-c1-c24-c30.html

http://shop.nuu-muu.com/

You get the idea...there is great gear out there!

hillview
09-07-2011, 06:59 PM
You want permission to wear cute workout clothes to play in the morning? I'll give you that permission! lululemon stuff is ultra comfy and adorable. My stuff still looks brand new.
:yeahthat:
I'd get some Luluemon pants and sweatshirt and put it on over my shorts and top and take those off when I work out and then put them back on when done. I would put some deodorant in the car. I'd also keep a change of socks and shoes to change into.

bubbaray
09-07-2011, 10:46 PM
This is why God invented Lululemon.

SnuggleBuggles
09-08-2011, 08:22 AM
This is why God invented Lululemon.

:rotflmao:

Thanks all!! Not sure I can afford the Lululemon but I can look for some other cute stuff knowing I have the BBB approval!!

Beth