PDA

View Full Version : I need more sleep! Do you? (Totally unscientific poll)

momm
09-07-2011, 07:05 AM
I'm such a bear when I wake up and every morning promise myself I'll sleep early tonight. What about you guys?

Poll coming!

happymomma
09-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Yeah, I can definitely relate. I'm getting 7 hours and I definitely feel like I need more. I should be going to bed earlier.

amldaley
09-07-2011, 07:51 AM
I go to bed early and some nights am asleep before 9 pm and other nights, like last night, I am plagued by insomnia. At least one night a week, I am up until 1 am.

I SHOULD get up at 5 am or 5:30 am but almost always wake at 6 or 6:30 am. And do I am also, consequently, almost always running late in the mornings.

DietCokeLover
09-07-2011, 07:55 AM
I usually fall asleep around 11 and wake around 6:30. This would be fine for me except that I still get woke up most nights by at least one DC and I am one of those people who once I am awake, I stay awake for hours at a time.

MoJo
09-07-2011, 08:00 AM
I go to bed by 9 most nights, but I'm up before 6 nearly every day and lose two hours or more in the middle of most nights. I know I get more sleep than lots of people, but I'm exhausted and literally sick because I'm not getting enough sleep for me.

ETA: I don't think there's anything I can do about it. I can't go to bed before the kids. . . and I can't get up after them. And DH won't take night duty, even though I'm sick (in fact, he got me up around 5:30 before he left for work for no reason this morning.)

BabbyO
09-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Well, I'm usually in bed around 10 pm...and up somewhere between 4 and 6 am (depending on when I need to get into work) but between potty trips and tossing and turning because I can't stay comfortable for more than 2 hours...I really should be trying ot get more sleep. I feel a cold coming on...and I'm not liking it with labor impending in the next week or two (most likely).

bubbaray
09-07-2011, 08:28 AM
I go to bed at around 10pm (read for a bit), my alarm is set for 6am. Today I woke up at 5am. Yeah me.

luckytwenty
09-07-2011, 09:35 AM
I'm training for a half marathon. I have to do a lot of my workouts really early in the morning. Last night/this morning was pretty typical for me: went to bed at 10:30. Woke up at 4:45 for a 5:15 spin class. The thing is, I have a lot more energy NOW even with less sleep than before I was in training because the cardio gives me a high all day. My baby sleeps till 7 and so do my older kids.

♥ms.pacman♥
09-07-2011, 09:41 AM
i get up usually around 8am. that being said, i almost always go to bed after midnight.

today i slept from 12:30am-7am and i felt pretty good and refreshed when i woke up. i guess bc the past few nights my DD had being waking up during the night (she just learned to roll over) and plus she was going thru a growth spurt. usualy when i wake up to nurse DD i can't fall asleep for at least anohter hour bc i get hungry and have to eat a ton before going back to bed. however, last night DD slept all night (until 7:45am) and i didn't have to get up in the middle of the night at all so that felt awesome!

i cannot imagine going to bed around 9 or 10pm...usually the last kid is in bed right before 9...that would give me zero time to do anything or spend time with DH at all.plus i need at least a couple hours to decompress and veg after spending all day with the kids.

Moneypenny
09-07-2011, 09:45 AM
I go to bed by 9:30 and get up at 4:45 to exercise. I do NOT get enough sleep and I think it's kind of hysterically ironic that it's getting up early to do something good for myself that makes me not get enough sleep. I should really be asleep by 8:30 but I just can't do it. Maybe I should have DD tuck me in at night rather than the other way around, lol!

momm
09-07-2011, 10:49 AM
And DH won't take night duty, even though I'm sick (in fact, he got me up around 5:30 before he left for work for no reason this morning.)

Umm..
And you didn't punch him?

sarahsthreads
09-07-2011, 11:05 AM
My plan is always to go to bed before 11, but between work, here (not so often, but I do sometimes stay up too late reading threads) and now getting things ready for the morning, I don't usually manage that. And then DH wakes me up when he gets out of the shower at 6:30 so I can get myself and everyone ready and get DD1 on the bus on time.

I think if could get 8 solid hours I'd be better off, but most nights I get more like 6-7.

Sarah :)

twowhat?
09-07-2011, 11:11 AM
The girls go to bed between 8:45 and 9pm. I try to go to bed by 10:30pm because I need to get up at 6am to get myself ready for work while the girls are still asleep (they wake between 6:30 and 7am).

Unfortunately I've had to work lots of late nights and often don't eat dinner until the girls are in bed, and I can't possibly do all that in 1.5 hours so I sacrifice sleep. I never wake up feeling good unless I force myself to go to bed before 10:30pm on the weekend, when I can sleep in until 6:30 or 7 when the girls wake up.

Having no time to myself after they're in bed in order to get enough sleep myself sucks but I do count being able to get on the BBB a few times during the workday as "me time". Ideally, I'd go to bed earlier whenever possible but it's hard when you're so wound up from the day!

ladysoapmaker
09-07-2011, 12:03 PM
I normally sleep about 7 to 8 hours and am fine. But lately I've been waking up anywhere between 2:30 and 5:30. The alarm goes off around 5:45. I hate it. I just can't stay asleep and my butt is dragging the rest of the day. It doesn't help that my commute is 60 miles and most of that on the Interstate so nothing but other cars to keep my attention.

I try to get to bed between 9 and 11, preferably earlier. And even on the days I can sleep in I'm up between 5:30 and 7:30. And I can not sleep past 7:30. At least if I'm not exhausted I can get up and take care of stuff that needs to be done. It also doesn't help that DD#2 wakes up early and when she's up she's up.

Jen

JoyNChrist
09-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Since I've started back to college, I'm getting to bed anywhere from 12 to 2 and getting up between 5:30 and 6:30. It. Sucks. So. Much.

AnnieW625
09-07-2011, 01:09 PM
I usually go to bed between 10 and 11 and I am suppose to get up between 5:15 and 5:30, sometimes as late 6:00. I should however go to bed earlier like around 9:30 or 10:00 at the latest.

citymama
09-07-2011, 05:14 PM
I get maybe 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Not enough at all. I go to sleep between 1-2 am and wake up between 7-8 am. With my luck, it's 2 am-7 am. I'm usually up working, but also paying bills, doing chores - and alas, wasting my time on FB or BBB.

rolypoly27
09-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I start getting sleepy before 9, but usually go to bed between 10-11. I wake up two to three times a night to tend to DD. My alarm is set for 5:40, but DD usually wakes me up before then for a feeding. I'm so tired these days, I can't wait for DD to go back to STTN again.

mommylamb
09-07-2011, 08:01 PM
I usually go to bed between 10 and 10:30 and I wake up at 5:30, so I'm getting 7 to 7.5 hours a night. I function pretty well on that and, while I'd love to get another hour in the morning, it's really fine. My only problem is that I wake up frequently at night to pee or just because.

hellokitty
09-07-2011, 10:09 PM
This is a big problem for me. I am by nature a night owl. Unfortunately, it's difficult to function as a night owl in the real world. I *try* to go to bed btwn 11-11:30pm. I doze off for about an hr and then I am awake rolling around for the next few hrs, before I finally fall asleep again around 4am, only to have to wake up btwn 6-7am. I know it is a problem. I DO limit caffeine, only to the morning, but I still have trouble with insomnia. In fact, I've had insomnia for more of my life, than I haven't had it. I am so exhausted, esp after having kids and not being able to rest/sleep when I want to. However, somehow I manage to get through the day. Oh and I cannot go to bed earlier than 11pm. Every time I have done that, it has backfired on me and I wake up around 1am and am up for almost the rest of the night. It's awful.