PDA

View Full Version : another uniform question

HIU8
09-07-2011, 01:01 PM
DS is new to uniforms this year. I bought him what I thought he would need from ON, Target, Gap. On the orientation day they did a uniform swap, so I got to pick up some stuff in the next size. I also got a couple of shirts with the school logo on them. Now, DS ONLY wants to wear the logo shirts. Next week there is back to school night. He wants me to pick up a couple more shirts with logos (long and short sleeve). He simply loves the logo and loves that HIS school name is on his shirt. So, what do I do with all the other uniform shirts he has in his closet (currently 4 short sleeve and 4 long sleeve non logo versions)? Should I just keep them or give a few to the swap (the new ones that I just spent $$ on....). I did not see this coming or I would have simply bought shirts from the school with the logo on them and been done with it. FWIW, DS is in K and already has a change of clothes sitting at school, and they don't want more than one, or I would send a couple of shirts to sit all year in his cubby.

KathyN115
09-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Could you bring the shirts someplace and have the logo embroidered on them? Of course, that may cost more that you paid for the shirts in the first place. If it isn't a strain on your budget, I would try to get him the shirts likes to wear, at least for a few days a week. I guess it depends if this is a battle worth fighting with him. Anything that makes mornings easier is a plus in my book!

HIU8
09-07-2011, 01:13 PM
This is not a battle worth fighting for us. I need him to get up and get dressed and not whine about his clothes (I honestly thought it would be less whining with less choices due to the uniform in the first place). I think I may just trade his in for logo shirts and call it a day ( I won't trade them all in).

kbud
09-07-2011, 01:40 PM
If it's anything like around here next week it may be no logo shirts and only the other shirts! I keep a few of each option my dd has around. She gets in a kick for shorts for a month or 2 then maybe skorts/jumpers for awhile. What she loves one week she isn't found of the next. I certainly wouldn't get rid of them all. I love uniforms though!

Zansu
09-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Ask the school office for the name of the company that does the embroidery. They probably use someone local who will charge you $3-5 per logo, or a little more if it's very complicated or has a lot of colors.

A friend's kids attend a school that has a dress code but not uniforms. The catch is that everything must be embroidered with the school logo.