PDA

View Full Version : If you are doing My Fitness Pal are you also doing Weight Watchers?

AnnieW625
09-08-2011, 02:00 AM
I am a former lifetime WW member (made lifetime in 2004), but have not been at goal since mid 2008 (I was pregnant from November, 08 to early April 09, and from Aug., 09 to April, 10; so pregnant for 15 of 18 months). I am about 20lbs over my goal weight right now, however I am finding that My Fitness Pal is a bit more user friendly in terms of what foods are listed. I do a lot of shopping at Trader Joe's so most of the foods I get from there are already in the database, with WW Online I have to ad them in which means going into MFP, or Livestrong.com to look them up. Pre kids and for a bit prior to DD2 when I had time to look for recipes and such on WW OL and I loved the recipe database, but now most nights I just cook recipes that I have made so much I have them memorized or I pull out a WW or Jr. League cookbook and cook from that.

So if you have MFP would you or do you still keep your WW OL?

hillview
09-08-2011, 08:47 AM
I don't do ww but I do do MFP (although I've been slacking of late).
/hillary

lovin2shop
09-08-2011, 12:34 PM
I also just do MFP, but I've never tried weight watchers. The MFP is pretty easy, so I find it a no stress way to keep on track. I do find it quite motivating to be able to follow the progress of others. If you join, I'm AmyD15 on there.

PS, if Hillview is a slacker on MFP, then I must be a super-slacker!

AnnieW625
09-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks! I need to be a little better about logging in. I am AztecAnnie of MFP.

weech
09-08-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm currently doing both and considering dropping my WW membership. WW emphasized more of what I should be eating (more lean protein, less carbs) but if all I really need to do is count calories, then why not do it for free? I also think MFP is better in the long run because I'm not paying $18 a month for the rest of my life so I can look up point values. I can, however, look at the nutritional information on a package and keep a tally in my head.

I'm still undecided, though. I lost 50lbs on WW and now I'm struggling to lose the last 10-20, so I'm scared to give up WW!

AnnieW625
09-09-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm currently doing both and considering dropping my WW membership. WW emphasized more of what I should be eating (more lean protein, less carbs) but if all I really need to do is count calories, then why not do it for free? I also think MFP is better in the long run because I'm not paying $18 a month for the rest of my life so I can look up point values. I can, however, look at the nutritional information on a package and keep a tally in my head.

I'm still undecided, though. I lost 50lbs on WW and now I'm struggling to lose the last 10-20, so I'm scared to give up WW!

I am thinking as soon as I make it back to my lifetime weight I will end up going back to WW as a lifetime member again just so I can keep my status.

LBW
09-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I don't think you get anything from WW online that you don't get from MFP. Plus, as you mentioned, there's a lot less manual entering of foods on MFP because so many are already in their database. I sometimes wonder, though, if the calories etc are accurate since users can enter the food info.

I had a WW online membership earlier this year and canceled once I joined MFP. Why pay?