PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss all the clearance patio furniture?

Twoboos
09-08-2011, 11:31 AM
We're moving to a new house w/a pool, and I'd like to pick up a new patio set now for by the pool next year. (Which DH thinks is crazy but I know is brilliant. ;))

I found the *PERFECT * set at Macys.com for a steal... I called and of course all different configurations of it are sold out. :(
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=459390&CategoryID=51815#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D73

I can't seem to find clearanced patio furniture IRL - did I miss it completely?? Been to Target, Walmart, Ocean State Job Lot, HomeGoods. Any suggestions at B&M or online?

TIA!

cntrymoon2
09-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm in the south where patio furniture is kept out in stores much longer than other regions, but I wanted to suggest trying Lowes and Home Depot.

Melaine
09-08-2011, 12:59 PM
I saw some really nice sets at Kmart last week. I think they were about $200 for six chairs and a table. It looked really nice.

emily
09-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm in the NE and we bought ours around this time of year. All the usual places you listed were sold out but we did find some at local nurseries and garden stores. We bought ours at a random store that we just happened to be driving by.

waitingforgrace
09-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Lowes is 50% off, that's where we bought last year at this time.

AuGoldie
09-08-2011, 01:29 PM
I've been keeping an eye on Sears.com because we are also looking for patio furniture. Last year right after Labor day they had some killer deals but we weren't ready to buy yet. They have some sets 50% off but I'm waiting for deeper discounts. I'll post if or when they ever drop.

o_mom
09-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Our Target clearanced it out the end of July. I don't know on Walmart. Lowes had some left last week. Sears may have some as well.

Twoboos
09-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I did make it to Sears and there was one set that may work. I'll have to check Lowes and HD but I feel like the last time I was there a week or so ago there was nothing. I will also check KMart, that is a place I never think of for some reason!

KimMae
09-09-2011, 08:28 AM
We were looking to pick up clearance patio stuff for a few years. It seems so overpriced and often of very low quality so it only lasts a couple years. Sometimes something will look good online but not be solid. Finally this year I bought some pieces from Costco that look very similar to what you linked. They had other items too. It was good quality and price - cast aluminum instead of the stuff that rusts, good Sunbrella fabric. So if you don't find it this year maybe keep that in mind for an option. Now Target had similar chairs too for less than Costco but in person they were very narrow and rickety and not aluminum.

My other patio furniture steal was from Tuesday Morning a few years ago and it was in the spring but I haven't seen bigger pieces there since.

keckert
09-09-2011, 10:26 AM
My girlfriend just bought some beautiful sets from Lowes last week at 60% off. We are in CT.

alien_host
09-09-2011, 08:51 PM
We kept looking at the Macy's sets and they didn't go low enough for us in store. Actually it was the same set. We also saw an ad in the Boston Globe a month ago and when we called it was sold out too.

If you want lounge chairs, the $99 ones at BJs are great (they have had them for several years now). Our neighbor has them and we hope to buy them next spring.

MomtoNico
09-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Saw on SD...
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3301126