PDA

View Full Version : HP Party food help (allergy avoidance)

jse107
09-08-2011, 12:51 PM
O's party is in two weeks and we're getting really excited. One of the kid's coming is allergic to wheat, eggs, peanuts, and treenuts. I'd like to make sure that he can have some of the snacks everyone else is having. His mom is really great and already said she'd bring food for him, but I'd like to try to make sure we have some options as well. I've already told her that I will send her ingredient lists ahead of time for double checking.

We're doing HoneyDukes Candy Shoppe:
Gummy creatures (I *think* will be safe)
Chocolate Frogs (need to check ingred. list, from Michaels)
Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans (will depend on the flavor, may presort for him)
Bubble Gum
Skittles

I was thinking of making chicken drumsticks (calling them dragon legs) and having fruit and veggie trays.

Any other ideas that could be themed well?

Raidra
09-08-2011, 01:38 PM
What about lemon drops?

Dragon Legs are good, and you could make fruit kabobs and call them fruit wands. Or licorice wands? I don't know if those have 'bad' ingredients..

citymama
09-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Gummibears have something in them that make them unsafe for nut allergic kids - our allergist has specifically asked us to avoid them. Annie's organic makes some that I think are safe.

jse107
09-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks--good to know. I could always package some Annie's separately from the others.