PDA

View Full Version : I hate to post this with what's going on in Texas, but rain, rain go away!!

TwinFoxes
09-08-2011, 05:53 PM
I have never seen this much rain in my life! And it's supposed to last for 3 more days???

LarsMal
09-08-2011, 07:46 PM
I know- it's crazy! We went from California quakes to Seattle rain!

I love my rain boots, but I'm ready to put them away!

jenfromnj
09-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Here in NNJ, lots of areas that were badly flooded during Irene are getting hit again. I feel awful for the poor people who lost everything and were just starting to get their lives back together a bit. I'm really hoping that the rain stays away for awhile, at least long enough to let the ground be able to absorb it when it comes back.

TwinFoxes
09-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Well, the just ordered evacuations in NoVa in a small area. It's really intense. Way more rain here than we got from Irene.

lablover
09-08-2011, 08:00 PM
It's crazy! I feel sorry for the people leaving work only to find their cars submerged in the Reston commuter parking lot.

But I thought Sat and Sun are supposed to be mostly sunny. Don't tell me that has changed!

TwinFoxes
09-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Hadn't heard about the Reston lot, that sucks.

According to my Weather Channel app, afternoon thunderstorms Saturday, scattered t-storms Sunday. :(

ETA: it's really bad.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post_now/post/heavy-rains-affect-some-thursday-evening-commuters/2011/09/08/gIQA9uhxCK_blog.html

lizzywednesday
09-08-2011, 09:14 PM
On the drive home from the hospital today, we saw how bad the Delaware had gotten.

Even the Schuylkill is bad.

Oh, and New Hope, PA & Lambertville, NJ were only navigable by boat this morning.

I agree - this is quite enough! Why can't it go somewhere it's needed? (Though, I'd hope it doesn't go to TX all at once - that could be worse than a gradual restoration. All y'all in the Austin area, please stay safe!!!)

egoldber
09-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Holy carp!!!!!!!!!! FCPS is closed tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpaceGal
09-08-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm not in Texas but parts of upstate NY are major suffering from Irene and now again from Lee...it's so sad.

curiousgeorge
09-08-2011, 10:50 PM
I hope you guys are OK. I've been kind of oblivious to the weather outside of my little world.

I'm in TX and we need your rain. Badly. Over 1400 houses lost within a 60-mile radius of me. Sad.

LarsMal
09-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Hadn't heard about the Reston lot, that sucks.

According to my Weather Channel app, afternoon thunderstorms Saturday, scattered t-storms Sunday. :(

ETA: it's really bad.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post_now/post/heavy-rains-affect-some-thursday-evening-commuters/2011/09/08/gIQA9uhxCK_blog.html

Oh my gosh- I had no idea it was that bad! DH never comes home early, but he did tonight. TG or he would havee been stuck in the craziness at rush hour tonight. Scary! Hope everyone is okay.

Cam&Clay
09-08-2011, 11:03 PM
It's crazy! I feel sorry for the people leaving work only to find their cars submerged in the Reston commuter parking lot.

But I thought Sat and Sun are supposed to be mostly sunny. Don't tell me that has changed!

That corner is on my way to work and right down the street from DH's work. Luckily, I didn't work today and he left work early. It's no wonder they've canceled school for tomorrow! I've lived here for almost 20 years and have never seen flooding like this.

momof2girls
09-08-2011, 11:04 PM
school was cancelled for today (it's our third day back!) b/c our town has turned into an island with ,,ajor roads flooded and no way for the kids to get to school

TwinFoxes
09-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Holy carp!!!!!!!!!! FCPS is closed tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend just told me this! I guess so many roads are in bad shape. DDs' no speech therapist was coming tomorrow to meet me before their first session Monday. I guess that's cxld. FFx sent texts out telling people to stay off the roads. That was a first for me.

Stay safe everyone!